Moderator: pyanodon

liwers
Inserter
Inserter

Re: pY Coal Processing - Discussion

Post by liwers »

pyanodon wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:10 pm
1 - Already exist a py heat exchanger in game can heat up steam to 500C and use it in energy generation already in blue or green science, i dont remember. Sometimes people just dont play the game enough to discover it and complain for things that already exist.

The idea of use hot air to re heat the steam is good, i may add it in the same heat exchanger.
Oh, my.. Kitty found out why can't they see the recipe: they were too depending on the Recipe Explorer, which has no scripts shew the Steams' temperture.. :oops:

Meow..!
This is Liwers 'Kitty' Loor, a extremly very cute kitty.. Meow..! :P

ShadowGlass
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ShadowGlass »

You can use 60C steam in a variety of ways:
- Mine Tin Ore
- Kerogen Mining (late game)
- Crack Naphtha to Hydrogen
- Make Styrene from Benzene (the other Styrene recipe requires 165C steam, so this might be an error)
- Coal liquefaction
- Make Red Hot Coke
- Or as mentioned earlier, Cooling tower to Water or Heat Exchanger to 500C steam.

Personally I mostly use it for Tin Ore, or to make a closed loop with Cooling Towers, depending on the situation.

Riktol
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Riktol »

liwers wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:48 pm

However, a sufficient and as free resource in game, is the water: you don't even need electricity to get water, so what's the meaning of save low-temperture steam to come back to water, not to mention you need Cooling Towers whom consume electricity..? :roll:
As far as I recall most or all of the recipes involving low temperature steam use very large amounts of water per cycle.
From my perspective it's prohibitive to have enough pumps and pipes to keep generating the water and also prohibitive to get rid of the steam, therefore the cooling towers work nicely.

I don't object to the idea of allowing low temperature steam to be used in steam engines, however from a practical point of view I wouldn't want to try and power my base that way.
The reasons are
1) you need to consume power to consume steam, if power usage is low then the steam could back up and block production, shutting down more machines down stream.
2) the opposite, you need produce steam to power machines

There is also the problem that most (or all?) of the combustion liquid recipes produce low temperature steam, so Pyanodon might take the view that this change unbalances those recipes. I don't think Py would be willing to rebalance the recipes without strong motivation.

liwers
Inserter
Inserter

Post by liwers »

I don't think Py would be willing to rebalance the recipes without strong motivation.
This is the truest fact..! :lol:

Meow..!

Crypt0n
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Crypt0n »

I did the german translation :)

Gonna do the other mods when I have some more spare time :)

liwers
Inserter
Inserter

Post by liwers »

model error.png
model error.png (556.16 KiB) Viewed 6292 times
Well, this is awkward.. :lol:
tree on bolide.png
tree on bolide.png (241.53 KiB) Viewed 6292 times
And this is just a coincidence.. :shock:

Meow..!

DrJones
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DrJones »

Is it intentional that two washers can't be placed right next to each other? If there isn't one tile between them, the second one cannot be placed. Is the hitbox slightly too large? Because I can place pipes between two washers placed this way, for example.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Why isn't it allowed to use the steam from the power house in steam engines?

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

I would have expected for a such an experienced forum member as you to know how to use the search feature ! :P

(I reiterate my request for a forum FAQ / wiki...)
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:40 pm
I would have expected for a such an experienced forum member as you to know how to use the search feature ! :P

(I reiterate my request for a forum FAQ / wiki...)
Because i'm obviously experienced enough to know that the sarch never shows sufficent results /s

Thanks for your contribution, it helped alot.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

steinio wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:33 pm
Why isn't it allowed to use the steam from the power house in steam engines?
balance reasons for the gas turbines and cooling towers

Anon2k
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Anon2k »

Wow, after 4 months, logic won
Anon2k wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 5:27 pm

And again about the productivity of the muddle.
Vanilla dictates the rule that productivity modules should be used ONLY for intermediate components, but not for the final ones.
Now I can build drones, pipes, and most importantly BUILDINGS with productivity modules.
1.4 factory MK2 from MK1? What kind of absurdity?
To unify, either correct all vanilla recipes of buildings, adding the ability to use productivity modules for vanilla tubes, drones and buildings, or remove them from your recipes.

How much more time is needed to remove productivity modules from the production of drones, niobium pipes, fluid storage and closed water-steam cycles?

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

Anon2k wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:53 pm
Anon2k wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 5:27 pm

And again about the productivity of the muddle.
Vanilla dictates the rule that productivity modules should be used ONLY for intermediate components, but not for the final ones.
Now I can build drones, pipes, and most importantly BUILDINGS with productivity modules.
1.4 factory MK2 from MK1? What kind of absurdity?
To unify, either correct all vanilla recipes of buildings, adding the ability to use productivity modules for vanilla tubes, drones and buildings, or remove them from your recipes.

How much more time is needed to remove productivity modules from the production of drones, niobium pipes, fluid storage and closed water-steam cycles?
what water cycles with extra water are left?

also this update had a few victims here and there : PA vanadium , antimatter fusion power(69.13 % nerf from the same resources) , the rest of the useful PA recipes, Aramaic and mega drill head (since mega mines and operating them was not hard enough)

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Anon2k wrote:
Why are you such a jerk? If you aren't happy with my mods, please, don't play with it. Or better, make your own and be happy elsewhere instead of bullshitting these forums with this level of stupid criticism. You´ve been flooding pymods forums with that level of arrogance for long time. Maybe if you were a bit more polite, i would read your suggestions instead of ignore them.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Yeah, seriously, Pyanodon is making these mods on his own free time, and sharing them for free, complaining that it took a while to correct a minor exploit that you can just choose not to use is way out of line !

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

Anon2k wrote:
I don't think it's too difficult to learn to use what little code is needed to make a mod for Factorio that does nothing besides patching other mods' recipes. As a general rule, rather than being rude about a mod developer's game balance and demanding that they fix things that aren't at all gamebreaking, it should be simple enough to mod your own patch that does something like removing productivity from all end products; and if you think it'll take too much time for you to do that then I have no idea why you think the actual mod developer has that time available.

If this were a case of "there is a recipe bug that makes key products unobtainable without first having obtained them for the higher level recipe" or something similar, that's more reasonable to push for a mod developer to fix (politely) since it's actually something that's broken. Productivity modules in end products isn't usually logical but it doesn't make the game unplayable, and it's not as though you have to make an entire new mod just to patch in a balance change. There are definitely some issues that I have with how Pyanodon's mods are balanced too (several of them come up in the ore processing chains in particular) but if I really want a minor change made to something that isn't totally gamebreaking I could just make a patch for my own use.

Anon2k
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Anon2k »

pyanodon wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:10 pm

Why are you such a jerk? If you aren't happy with my mods, please, don't play with it. Or better, make your own and be happy elsewhere instead of bullshitting these forums with this level of stupid criticism. You´ve been flooding pymods forums with that level of arrogance for long time. Maybe if you were a bit more polite, i would read your suggestions instead of ignore them.
Self-critical. Where does our communication begin?
Anon2k wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:28 am
Hi, remove productivity modules from recipes related:
1. With produced steam (for example: combustion mixture, oleochemicals) - steam is produced more than water and water must be poured into the hole
2. With the conversion of salt to/from saline water
They all upset the game balance. Productivity modules generally should be used with caution when bundled with liquids. Review your recipes carefully.
I am writing to you that productivity modules allow you to get endless salt. What do I get in response?
pyanodon wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:54 am
lol... roger that captain!!! :lol: :lol:
Why do you need to start behaving like a jerk right away, instead of seriously reading the text and pondering what they write to you?

Anon2k
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Anon2k »

I write that in the compressor the exhaust pipe with steam is displayed randomly about in different recipes.

I write that from a fucking laser turret during deconstruction, steel is obtained, and not duralumin, which was in its ingredients.

I am writing that in the smelting of duralumin, the productivity module was mistakenly misplaced.
Anon2k wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 6:24 pm
I do not see a single recipe in metal metallurgy, which can use productivity modules, except for duraluminium:

And another bunch of mistakes in recipes and ingredients.
All this has not yet been fixed.

What do I get in response?
pyanodon wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 10:53 pm
more than half of your flood here is supposed
I also spend my time describing errors. So what is the problem more courtesy of each other, and not fooling around calling it all a flood?

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Anon2k wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:02 pm
I write that from a fucking laser turret during deconstruction, steel is obtained, and not duralumin, which was in its ingredients.
I write that you are now on my ignore list, that I don't want you to play my mods, and that if you ever shower me with this kind of attention, none of it will be read. None of it.

Return to “PyMods”