Moderator: pyanodon

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: pY Coal Processing - Discussion

Post by pyanodon »

Rasip wrote:
pyanodon wrote:
check the temperature of the combustion mixture.

Ah, the combustion mixture is what the 600C is talking about. So, i have to ask, what is the cold steam used for? Is it just a waste product to be vented?
Yes. Or do a closed system with a cooling tower.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mella »

aklesey1 wrote:Still can't find recipe for lead crushing but quartz crushing is doubled https://yadi.sk/i/BLOi7yjG3U53b3 :shock:
Maybe this recipe hid inside it because of a bug in the code
And thanks for fixing not used crushed bauxite before :D
I can't find recipe for lead crushing too
And yes i have that bug this doubled recipe for quatz in technoolgy menu :lol:

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

All fixed.
pY Coal processing mod

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mella »

Why i cannot use steam from powerhouse for another recipes like in F B reactor or for making propene?
Propene for example need steam with a temperature of 165 degrees Celsius, power plant produces steam with a temperature of 60 degrees Celsius? using of heat exchanger not helping its makes steam with a temperature of 500 degrees Celsius - recipe for propene cannot consume this steam
Oh god its looks like idiocy or maybe it looks like some kind of mockery - this is some kind of cut and defective steam that is made only to be turned back into water and no longer for what :x

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Mella wrote:Why i cannot use steam from powerhouse for another recipes like in F B reactor or for making propene?
Propene for example need steam with a temperature of 165 degrees Celsius, power plant produces steam with a temperature of 60 degrees Celsius? using of heat exchanger not helping its makes steam with a temperature of 500 degrees Celsius - recipe for propene cannot consume this steam
Oh god its looks like idiocy or maybe it looks like some kind of mockery - this is some kind of cut and defective steam that is made only to be turned back into water and no longer for what :x

Sorry if you didnt like it, not gonna change anytime soon.
pY Coal processing mod

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mella »

I I understand that this steam can not be used in steam engines because it makes a huge imbalance in the process of electricity generation, but at least you have to make this steam can be used in recipes - because there is no clearly specified what temperature is required recipe - and it is not always clear what temperature is produced by the steam

We just have to consider several aspects of the use of steam in the recipes will not have such weird problems which should not arise for determination

Btw this steam from power house can be used in recipes for angel's petrochem in steam crackers but can't be used for recipes in py suite this looks strange

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Mella wrote:I I understand that this steam can not be used in steam engines because it makes a huge imbalance in the process of electricity generation, but at least you have to make this steam can be used in recipes - because there is no clearly specified what temperature is required recipe - and it is not always clear what temperature is produced by the steam

We just have to consider several aspects of the use of steam in the recipes will not have such weird problems which should not arise for determination

Btw this steam from power house can be used in recipes for angel's petrochem in steam crackers but can't be used for recipes in py suite this looks strange
this steam function in only to make closed cycles in the recipes it´s present. If you dont wanna do that, vent it out like any other gases.
pY Coal processing mod

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mella »

pyanodon wrote:All fixed.
I don't want to disappoint you pyanodon, py coal processing version 1.0.5

Only this "way" to get it no another ways :mrgreen:
Attachments
No crushed lead.png
No crushed lead.png (383.54 KiB) Viewed 6662 times

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Mella wrote:
pyanodon wrote:All fixed.
I don't want to disappoint you pyanodon, py coal processing version 1.0.5

Only this "way" to get it no another ways :mrgreen:
I said its fixed, not released.
pY Coal processing mod

Patrick
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Patrick »

Is it intended that you can smelt 2 Iron Oxide in a regular furnace to get 1 Iron Plate, but in Advanced Foundry (I think that is it) it costs 10 Iron Oxide to also make 1 Iron Plate?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Patrick wrote:Is it intended that you can smelt 2 Iron Oxide in a regular furnace to get 1 Iron Plate, but in Advanced Foundry (I think that is it) it costs 10 Iron Oxide to also make 1 Iron Plate?

Hmmm not intended.
pY Coal processing mod

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Mod updated :)
pY Coal processing mod

Patrick
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Patrick »

Was making Borax from the mined Raw Borax removed? I recall seeing it in the crafting menu, but after the update it vanished from there.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Patrick wrote:Was making Borax from the mined Raw Borax removed? I recall seeing it in the crafting menu, but after the update it vanished from there.

Dont remember, but never was by hand, you need to wash it on the washer.
pY Coal processing mod

Patrick
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Patrick »

Ah, thanks. Might be a bug to look into as even items not craftable by hand normally appear in the crafting menu as they serve to tell the player what to use to make an item. Without your assistance or another mod I've have to plop down each building (which I did) to figure out what to use to make an item.

Shorkan
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Shorkan »

Hmm are you sure it is not in the list? Because i have it with the updated version. I play without bob. For me it is under coal processing in the line with the recipes for pure sand , mineralized water and sand.

Patrick
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Patrick »

Shorkan wrote:Hmm are you sure it is not in the list? Because i have it with the updated version. I play without bob. For me it is under coal processing in the line with the recipes for pure sand , mineralized water and sand.
Ahhhhhh, I see what happened. I had looked at the ingredient's icon (a crystalline borax), but the icon for the recipe is different (a tub with white liquid). My mistake, it is there.

Warpkitty
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Warpkitty »

This mod is so much fun. Thanks to you (and KoS for showcasing it).

A question: My Borax mines have stopped working after updating to 1.06.

I noticed that the ingress pipes had gone missing and when I deleted the sprite to replace it I couldn't (red placement). I made a few more Borax mines and found I couldn't place them anywhere on the map. What am I doing wrong?

eformo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by eformo »

Warpkitty wrote:This mod is so much fun. Thanks to you (and KoS for showcasing it).

A question: My Borax mines have stopped working after updating to 1.06.

I noticed that the ingress pipes had gone missing and when I deleted the sprite to replace it I couldn't (red placement). I made a few more Borax mines and found I couldn't place them anywhere on the map. What am I doing wrong?
The update broke saves I believe. You now need to place the Borax mines on Borax deposits (created on map generation).

Not sure if you can fix this by exploring new terrain to find borax or if you need to start a new map.

Warpkitty
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Warpkitty »

Thanks. Yeh I rolled it back so I could keep using the Borax mines (should have read the change logs)!

Edit: re-installed the latest mod version, explored a bit, and indeed there are Borax deposits on undiscovered map sections.
Last edited by Warpkitty on Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “PyMods”