pY Coal Processing - Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by aklesey1 »

I think we need to add changes into modules? into their components bcuz processor and logic boards still using ferric chloride solution
Or u don't want to remove ferric chloride solution from ur py system?

And interesting to hear ur ideas about addition to electronics? i'm ready if it'll be very hard, but i don't want to think that it can be boring - people who don't want to spent many time to learn this new system can go out
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:I think we need to add changes into modules? into their components bcuz processor and logic boards still using ferric chloride solution
Or u don't want to remove ferric chloride solution from ur py system?

And interesting to hear ur ideas about addition to electronics? i'm ready if it'll be very hard, but i don't want to think that it can be boring - people who don't want to spent many time to learn this new system can go out

Electronics discussion will happens when (and if) PYHT be chosen.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

TreefrogGreaken
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TreefrogGreaken »

Just started a new game with this mod on, enjoying the complexity and workings out on the new layouts etc. Got a few thoughts/questions/bugs to ask about.

Yours is the only mod I've got installed that adds new items/machines so its a vanilla+ with pyCoal.

1 - High Pressure Furnace and the Combustion Turbine MK01 are available from the start, but don't have any recipes, and require steel to be built, which requires red science to be got first. The MK01 Turbine unlocks with Energy Generation One, so shouldn't the MK01 Turbine be not included in the Hand Crafting menu. Same with the Furnace, recipes unlock on Coal Processing 1, so shouldn't it be locked behind that research and also be non-hand craftable?

2 - Coke is required for Red Science, there is only 1 way to produce it, in the Destructive Distillation Column, this is fine. The issue is that as there are no fluid tanks available, so to get the production going you need to lay a mess of pipes on the ground just to extract the gas from the column. It doesn't look very good. Would it be possible to get some sort of crude tank available at the start, maybe made of iron and copper just as a small stop gap until either fluid handling/storage tanks research ? I also tried also putting the gas into a boiler and steam engine to see if it could be burned off, but it wouldn't be accepted, this could also be a solution.

3 - Fawogeo Plantation and its production of Fawogeo. In the tooltip and handcrafting menu it shows the production of 8 Fawogeo every 5 seconds. This is incorrect as it actually produces 8 Fawogeo every 50 seconds. Kinda misleading and requires a rethink on my setup. Changing the tooltip would be helpful.

Let me know what you think, and if I've been an idiot and missed an obvious way to do something.

Otherwise enjoying the Mod so far and will let you know on my thoughts as I progress through the rest of the game.

donoya
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by donoya »

TreefrogGreaken wrote: 3 - Fawogeo Plantation and its production of Fawogeo. In the tooltip and handcrafting menu it shows the production of 8 Fawogeo every 5 seconds. This is incorrect as it actually produces 8 Fawogeo every 50 seconds. Kinda misleading and requires a rethink on my setup. Changing the tooltip would be helpful.
That's just because of the production speed, which is set at 0.1.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

TreefrogGreaken wrote:Just started a new game with this mod on, enjoying the complexity and workings out on the new layouts etc. Got a few thoughts/questions/bugs to ask about.

Yours is the only mod I've got installed that adds new items/machines so its a vanilla+ with pyCoal.

1 - High Pressure Furnace and the Combustion Turbine MK01 are available from the start, but don't have any recipes, and require steel to be built, which requires red science to be got first. The MK01 Turbine unlocks with Energy Generation One, so shouldn't the MK01 Turbine be not included in the Hand Crafting menu. Same with the Furnace, recipes unlock on Coal Processing 1, so shouldn't it be locked behind that research and also be non-hand craftable?

2 - Coke is required for Red Science, there is only 1 way to produce it, in the Destructive Distillation Column, this is fine. The issue is that as there are no fluid tanks available, so to get the production going you need to lay a mess of pipes on the ground just to extract the gas from the column. It doesn't look very good. Would it be possible to get some sort of crude tank available at the start, maybe made of iron and copper just as a small stop gap until either fluid handling/storage tanks research ? I also tried also putting the gas into a boiler and steam engine to see if it could be burned off, but it wouldn't be accepted, this could also be a solution.

3 - Fawogeo Plantation and its production of Fawogeo. In the tooltip and handcrafting menu it shows the production of 8 Fawogeo every 5 seconds. This is incorrect as it actually produces 8 Fawogeo every 50 seconds. Kinda misleading and requires a rethink on my setup. Changing the tooltip would be helpful.

Let me know what you think, and if I've been an idiot and missed an obvious way to do something.

Otherwise enjoying the Mod so far and will let you know on my thoughts as I progress through the rest of the game.
Hello!

Thanks for downloading and playing with it.

1- Yes...the turbine wont be able to hand crafting before the Coal Processing 1 technology be unlocked. That fix will come in the next update. Also, turbines doesnt have any recipe...they are generators. About the high-pressured furnace it doesnt need steel, but since this mod runs good with Bob´s mod since beginning, but will also be fixed.

2 - In the very beginning of the game you can vent out the gas via tailing pond building. It store liquids and vent out some gases.

3 - Donoya answered it for you.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I have another problem people - how to produce may solvent - its requires many many bone meals and requires many activated carbon
Its really hard to produce many bone meal bcuz we need many many ralesia and ralseia requires HUGE TONS of hyroogen - the best way to produce the hydrogen - to crack the glycerol......... all very interesting and hard :D

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

What do u think about platinum? Where it can be used?

TreefrogGreaken
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TreefrogGreaken »

Thank you Donoya and Pyanodon!

Teach me to build everything I see once and see what it does.

Shall get back to the game tonight and keep you updated.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Hey pyaonodon i tested some mods which could be compatible with bob's and may be for some part with angel's, I have one interesting observation - https://yadi.sk/i/yfaLpRFG3PcUvq
Drug labs has no straight crossing with PYCP or bob's and angel's, but somehow it manages to use resources from PYCP? bob's and angel's - here's example of ash using, maybe it was meant that you should use the ash from Bio Industries, but PYCP-ash is different from BI-ash? it has different name in code? is it normal?

I'll go and ask author of drug labs, Shenpen viewtopic.php?f=91&t=44182
I must he made really intricate mod which crossing for many popular mods? may be he likes ur creation too :D

Drug labs also has gasoline as resource and ur gasoline replacing it - so there're some kind of questionable compatibility

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shenpen »

aklesey1 wrote: Drug labs has no straight crossing with PYCP or bob's and angel's, but somehow it manages to use resources from PYCP? bob's and angel's - here's example of ash using, maybe it was meant that you should use the ash from Bio Industries, but PYCP-ash is different from BI-ash? it has different name in code? is it normal?

I'll go and ask author of drug labs, Shenpen viewtopic.php?f=91&t=44182
I must he made really intricate mod which crossing for many popular mods? may be he likes ur creation too :D

Drug labs also has gasoline as resource and ur gasoline replacing it - so there're some kind of questionable compatibility
Some highly questionable compatility.... :)

Any compatibility that you will find is down to either luck or the use of names that I remember from other mods (bobs or angels). Or down to the fact that it would seem natural to call cellulose cellulose if you have not understood the issues that comes with that if or when you combine different mods.

So compatibility is an issue to be solved. But there are other things on my list, that needs to be done first.
Sorry for any confusion that has been the result. :)

PS: I soooo love the 3D designs for pY Coal!
Perhaps the best work for factorio I have seen.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Thank you! :)
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Some idea for ralesia seeds - why not to plant them again to get more ralesia, BCUZ its seeds, why not? :idea:

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Some idea for ralesia seeds - why not to plant them again to get more ralesia, BCUZ its seeds, why not? :idea:
Probably if PYAL happens.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

pyanodon wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:Some idea for ralesia seeds - why not to plant them again to get more ralesia, BCUZ its seeds, why not? :idea:
Probably if PYAL happens.
Ahahahhh lol if its happens :D I sure it'll happens we all supports u pyanodon

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

There was an interesting thought - to make gold alloy with nexelit - or rework electrum from bob's mods - i remember electrum is bobingabout's creation

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Have u plans to replace bob's ferric-chloride solution with boric acid in recipes for modules? Its looks like u forgot about modules or u decided don't touch it from the principle

Muki
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Muki »

Hi,

Currently testing your mod, it looks great so far, I love the animations on the machine, really nice to watch them working.

I noticed some minor stuff so far.
- I've access to the combustion turbine mk01 right out of the box but it's also unlocked with energy generation 1
- On the coal gas processing, the third one with raw wood as input, the output is 2 coal gas for 30 tar, looks like you are missing a 0 on the coal gas output (?).
- there is also a coal gas recipe with coal as input available from the start and unlocked with coal processing 1

Keep up the good work

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I'm afraid to ask and whether u had an idea to do synthetic glass of petro products? Idea with coal gas is nice? but about another methods?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Muki wrote:Hi,

Currently testing your mod, it looks great so far, I love the animations on the machine, really nice to watch them working.

I noticed some minor stuff so far.
- I've access to the combustion turbine mk01 right out of the box but it's also unlocked with energy generation 1
- On the coal gas processing, the third one with raw wood as input, the output is 2 coal gas for 30 tar, looks like you are missing a 0 on the coal gas output (?).
- there is also a coal gas recipe with coal as input available from the start and unlocked with coal processing 1

Keep up the good work
Thank you! Will be fixed in the next release.
pY Coal processing mod

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:I'm afraid to ask and whether u had an idea to do synthetic glass of petro products? Idea with coal gas is nice? but about another methods?

No plans to make glass from any other source beyond sand. Coal gas have several ways to produce it. From filtration to gasification...
pY Coal processing mod

Return to “PyMods”