Thank you
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

morganismad1
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by morganismad1 »

Hey, i'm doing a server for multiplayer with me and my friends and none of us can seem to find how to make limestone, could you tell us how we get it?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

morganismad1 wrote:Hey, i'm doing a server for multiplayer with me and my friends and none of us can seem to find how to make limestone, could you tell us how we get it?

Limestone can be separated from soil in a solid separator machine. Or later in game can be extracted directly from the ground by a ground borer machine.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

fractalman wrote:I will describe your mod in one word: byproducts
Hey people, somebody want to make walkthrough with this awesome mod? I want to watch ur creations and ur bases!
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

donoya
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by donoya »

aklesey1 wrote:
fractalman wrote:I will describe your mod in one word: byproducts
Hey people, somebody want to make walkthrough with this awesome mod? I want to watch ur creations and ur bases!
Sadly, I lack the recording setup for that. But I posted a save I was playing with a friend a few pages back. If you want, you can take a look.

fractalman
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by fractalman »

So...

I don't know about a walkthrough per se, but some advice:

You'll want to spend extra long in the burner-drill stage. You're going to need quite a bit of stuff to really set up even a hand-crafted batch of red science.

You'll want a dedicated area for...basically anything that uses water as a major ingredient: mushrooms (forget the name lol), raflesia flowers, logs, dirt, sand...

Wood is annoying to process. Plan accordingly.

A fluid bus is critical unless you already know exactly what you're doing.

Tailings ponds will void gases.

The destructive distilation column appears to remain quite useful at least until tier 3 science, simply because it makes stuff "ahead of the curve", as it were, at the cost of...well...extra byproducts compared to the intended ways of processing stuff.

A summary of the major fluid byproducts:
Coal gas: in previous versions it was quite possible to drown in this stuff. In addition to some essential uses, it can also be burned as fuel with some effort.

Tar: quite possibly the most useful byproduct, as it can be turned into just about anything. However, the more advanced uses of tar tend to output an obscene number of byproducts. Luckily, the early game uses for it (creosote, which is used for treated wood, medium poles, and a few other things, and it can also be turned into carbon once you've unlocked it. ) don't have any byproducts, which lets you dispose of it fairly easily.

Tailings: Tailings are quite useful as a source of fuel, or you can turn them into oil, or use them for faster log production...but basically everything useful about this is gated behind tier 2 science. However, it may or may not be worth your while to store them in bulk; you DO get quite a bit of them.

Aromatics: used in science somewhere.

Flue gas: just...just void this. you get tons and tons of it, and while there might be actual uses for it at science 3, storing it until then just isn't worth the effort.

60 degree steam: this stuff is a pain to deal with. It won't get voided by most voiding items, and it won't go into a steam engine.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

fractalman wrote:60 degree steam: this stuff is a pain to deal with. It won't get voided by most voiding items, and it won't go into a steam engine.
You can use cooling towers to turn it back into water for closed circuits or use water elsewhere. :)
pY Coal processing mod

donoya
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by donoya »

pyanodon wrote:
fractalman wrote:60 degree steam: this stuff is a pain to deal with. It won't get voided by most voiding items, and it won't go into a steam engine.
You can use cooling towers to turn it back into water for closed circuits or use water elsewhere. :)
I didn't think about that. I was just using a boiler setup and mixing the 60 degree steam with the steam from the boiler. This didn't work particularly well, so I had to disconnect it. But now I have a use for it.

fractalman
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by fractalman »

pyanodon wrote:
Well, yes, that is an option...

but when combining your mod with bob's and angels (along with a compatibility mod) getting even the tier-1 cooling tower is a LOT of work! even then, since my primary source of steam doesn't make a closed system, I have to either void that water, store it, or get circuits set up.

In other words, it's a pain to deal with.

Oh, and I did some more playing around, and...tailings ponds DO void some gasses, especially flue gas (which is fortunate, becuase IIRC flare stack doesn't work on flue gas), but not all gases. Any particular reason for this?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

fractalman wrote:Oh, and I did some more playing around, and...tailings ponds DO void some gasses, especially flue gas (which is fortunate, becuase IIRC flare stack doesn't work on flue gas), but not all gases. Any particular reason for this?
A fluid must be set as a gas to the tailing pond understand to void it.
pY Coal processing mod

fractalman
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by fractalman »

pyanodon wrote:
fractalman wrote:Oh, and I did some more playing around, and...tailings ponds DO void some gasses, especially flue gas (which is fortunate, becuase IIRC flare stack doesn't work on flue gas), but not all gases. Any particular reason for this?
A fluid must be set as a gas to the tailing pond understand to void it.
Ah, so adding angels is interfering with that because it's replacing many of the gases with one your mod doesn't recognize. that explains it.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Found bug - recipe for angel's method for getting mineralized water was overhauled by PYCP https://yadi.sk/i/tAoE1_7j3N3yky
This is recipe from angel's bio processing - https://yadi.sk/i/UtA9pQzO3N3zZs
I ask to return back original recipe

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Found bug - recipe for angel's method for getting mineralized water was overhauled by PYCP https://yadi.sk/i/tAoE1_7j3N3yky
This is recipe from angel's bio processing - https://yadi.sk/i/UtA9pQzO3N3zZs
I ask to return back original recipe

Not a bug, just more work for the people on that great conpatibility mod.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Oл let there will be more work to the people doing a patch, but its bug, may be small but bug
This branch of technologies from angel's bio processing is not bound to ur branch as it could be mentioned?

I have some solution - just need to change name for recipes and all can be okey :)

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Oл let there will be more work to the people doing a patch, but its bug, may be small but bug
This branch of technologies from angel's bio processing is not bound to ur branch as it could be mentioned?

I have some solution - just need to change name for recipes and all can be okey :)
Not a bug!!! How many times i will need to repeat that mod wasnt made to be compatible with angels mods? I appreciate the effort of the people working on the patch but i wont rewrite my whole mod for that. Last time i say that, please undetstand that always will have incompatibilities with his mods.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Okey excuse me pyanodon. i'm testing creation of kingarthur with is patch and trying to watch some collisions and inconsistencies ;)
Looking at ur mod i can believe u can derive inspiration from angel and bob's mods. Whether you saw Xander mod? Or anonymods? That's two monstrous complex systems - yeah these creations are selfcontained, i simply like ideas from them

If i could make mods as another modders i could create more difficult and complex electronics - there really cool electronics in anonymods, its realistic
What many people can tell about realism? They'll tell its hardб its annoying, it is not necessary for us

So question about ur family of PYCP mods? Can another modders make addon for PYCP to make its more various? U doing some things that can complicate soem processes -
donoya wrote:
fractalman wrote:I will describe your mod in one word:
byproducts
Very true. I love it.
but i like it, at me is the target which it is necessary to achieve, the single hindrance is damn bitters because of whom the perimeter of base increases eternally :roll: ;)

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:If i could make mods as another modders i could create more difficult and complex electronics - there really cool electronics in anonymods, its realistic
What many people can tell about realism?
PYHighTech mod, if chosen after PYFusionEnergy will ramp up electronics to their maximum level. ;)

aklesey1 wrote:So question about ur family of PYCP mods? Can another modders make addon for PYCP to make its more various?
Yes, they can make variations of the PYCP mods since they credit me and Nexela and link to the original mods.
pY Coal processing mod

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Greetings fellow builders!

Today we finished some fancy walls to complement your base. It will be available in the next release. More to come!

pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Hey its looks very nice! Third type of wall can use concrete, right? But third type of wall looks very thin :? :)

Return to “PyMods”