Recipe - 10 pure sand = 3 glass
One of main sources of silicon is sand on Earth tat's why i'm offering
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by pyanodon »

KepperMIEM wrote:(...)Big energy complex №1: (...)

(...)"Big energy complex №1" renamed into "Big pollution complex" and abandoned.
Tar and Flue gas balance do not calculated.(...)
That´s why there´s a lot of other recipes for that. Maybe if you use only coal directly instead of wood the balance would be positive. That first combustion mixture chain you did was more to compensate the steam engines in a transition to a fully combustion-mixture sustained base.

KepperMIEM wrote:(...)Big energy complex №2:(...)
(...)But planet will sink in Tar, because we do not have enough Coke even for produce Combustion-mixture.(...)
(...)And recipe "(Flue gas)+(Active Carbon) -> Syngas" can foget "Active Carbon" at all.(...)
(...)

Believe me, you will need every single drop of tar when you advances in the game, i recommend you store it in tailings ponds and will not regret later :)
About the Coke shortage, you have access to coal>coke recipe early where you can convert a 1:1 coal to coke to supply your chain. Also, there´s wood to coal and even fawogae to coal if you want a 100% renewable source of coal.
Flue gas can pile up very hard too, you can even opt to store it to convert to syngas later when you have active carbon OR can just vent it out since it´s a waste gas.

KepperMIEM wrote:I translating mod in to russian.
What is Syngas?
Nice!! Thank you! Syngas is a short for syntesis gas.[/quote]

KepperMIEM wrote:It will be useful, if you add temperature to name of recipes Combustion-mixture.
Great idea, i will implement that in the next release!

aklesey1 wrote:Idea about glass
Recipe - 10 common sand (not cleaned sand) = 1 glass
Recipe - 10 pure sand = 3 glass
One of main sources of silicon is sand on Earth tat's why i'm offering
Why a recipe for glass without quartz ore? It´s a very abundant resource in the map while playing with bobs.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Okey lets make changes to bobmonium ore in angel's mods - let's make so that he gave us resources in the ratio 2:1 when sorting crushed bobmonium 2 silicon to 1 tin instead existing 2 tin to 1 silicon, let's ask Arch666angel about that
And how about synthetic glass from oil in middle game stage? Just look and PetrochemPlus mod, i very very like idea of kinnom, author of this addon? There 2 ways to get glass from natural gas that's cool
And about my idea
So let it be
20 common sand - 1 glass
20 pure sand - 3 glass

Don't forget it is only a handicraft method, and we can use it somehow in real life if want it, its just offering for start
Another offering will be for Arch666Angel - sorting by hands or burner ore sorter which will work on fuel :roll:

Tell what ur solution will be pyanodon, i want to listen to u :) ;) :idea:
Last edited by aklesey1 on Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

So...the reason to change glass recipes are to be able to people use it when playing with angels?
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

pyanodon wrote:So...the reason to change glass recipes are to be able to people use it when playing with angels?
Don't offend on me i just want to know ur opinion fisrt, and many people like ur ideas u see, many people likes ideas from clever nad complex mods like bob's mod angel mod, anonymods
For now we have serious problem with scienceб I have nothing against your scientific system, and i want to offer u a solution

gosensgo86
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gosensgo86 »

That's what I think, yes. Or at least some way to make the flasks using resource you start with in angels.
I wouldn't mind having to set up a production chain just to make flasks before starting research.

Personally I think it might be a good idea to add a glass recipe so that you can use glass in vanilla. Making flasks out of iron is a bit of a strange choice to me. Or better yet, a way to make quartz from sand. That way it's just adding an extra step.
Last edited by gosensgo86 on Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

ok...i will ADD some recipes to make low amounts of glass at beginning. But i wont change the existing ones..was a pain to balance this stuff and since it´s a primary resource in my mods, a snowball problem would be created.

Vanilla, in other hand, would keep glass-free. :)
pY Coal processing mod

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

You don't even need it with Bobs and Py. It's only for them to get past a research constraint using Py with Angels. You could give them some 'babies first glass' recipes inside a check for Angels so it wouldn't affect anyone else.

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

hi goosen, just fyi, i think you can still play without needing to copy and paste different modfolders...
i do this by toggling which mods on or off, and then making a game, and then (after a backup of the save), synching a save with modfiles.

this way you can just keep certain ones enabled for a particular save game.
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

gosensgo86
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gosensgo86 »

foodfactorio I'm not 100% sure if that doesn't reset the mod settings, though. I suppose I could just back up the json files and swap them out, since that's where the flags are.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Also...you will still need bobs for glass.
pY Coal processing mod

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

hi i managed to get an almost stable up to about 5k combustion mixture in a tank to keep the lights on :)
also i made use of a lot more wood making and log cutting, for a series of "transformations" :)

but, i still cant find out how to make salt when you mentioned evaporators to turn it into salt? does salt only get unlocked at the end of the tech tree? (i only have reached Coal processing 3 and Excavation 1 so far, but even the What is is used for, mod ,cant find salt as well as the tech tree - i tried Salt, Sodium, Saline :)

btw it is so cool to be able to use Talings ponds as Storage for other things... i thought it was only for Tailings :)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

foodfactorio wrote:hi i managed to get an almost stable up to about 5k combustion mixture in a tank to keep the lights on :)
also i made use of a lot more wood making and log cutting, for a series of "transformations" :)

but, i still cant find out how to make salt when you mentioned evaporators to turn it into salt? does salt only get unlocked at the end of the tech tree? (i only have reached Coal processing 3 and Excavation 1 so far, but even the What is is used for, mod ,cant find salt as well as the tech tree - i tried Salt, Sodium, Saline :)

btw it is so cool to be able to use Talings ponds as Storage for other things... i thought it was only for Tailings :)
Evaporators are unlocked in cp2 i think. But now i need to check if salt is used when playing vanilla. Take a look into evaporator's recipes to see if its there.

About talings ponds, its cool isnt? It can store liquids and vent gases and i love the sprite change according with the amount, points to nexela.
pY Coal processing mod

driver
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by driver »

Perhaps the "long description" in the initial posting could be improved, because this thread is getting longer and longer to read ...?
I think clean coal technology is quite interesting and made a quick research on the web. Historically the primary focus was on SO2 and NO.
While green modules in the game are quite abstract, perhaps you can remove some toxic chemicals byproducts in the coal combustion and make some good use of them in the game without getting too complicated? ;)
While there seem to be no way to get rid of CO2 (apart from absorbing trees), it could be used for oil recovery: http://neori.org/resources-on-co2-eor/h ... eor-works/
It seems that fly ash can be used to make concrete, a material which is already part of the game: http://www.research.uky.edu/odyssey/fall10/carbon.html

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

driver wrote:Perhaps the "long description" in the initial posting could be improved, because this thread is getting longer and longer to read ...?
I think clean coal technology is quite interesting and made a quick research on the web. Historically the primary focus was on SO2 and NO.
While green modules in the game are quite abstract, perhaps you can remove some toxic chemicals byproducts in the coal combustion and make some good use of them in the game without getting too complicated? ;)
While there seem to be no way to get rid of CO2 (apart from absorbing trees), it could be used for oil recovery: http://neori.org/resources-on-co2-eor/h ... eor-works/
It seems that fly ash can be used to make concrete, a material which is already part of the game: http://www.research.uky.edu/odyssey/fall10/carbon.html

Ahhh this mod focus on coal and its very polluting. For a clean version, it would need an expansion called "alternative energy" where i will clean up the coal with all that ideas. But even in coal processing, you can make methanol from co2, available in this mod. Same as ash, all used in that mod.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

some people complain that there is no place to put zinc in angel's mods - we can produce many zinc ore i angel's refining and get huge count of zinc plates in angel's smelting but its nowhere to use for sometimes, so we can please them when the long-awaited compatibility appears

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:some people complain that there is no place to put zinc in angel's mods - we can produce many zinc ore i angel's refining and get huge count of zinc plates in angel's smelting but its nowhere to use for sometimes, so we can please them when the long-awaited compatibility appears

Zinc in PYCP is a very very used metal. :)
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

pyanodon wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:some people complain that there is no place to put zinc in angel's mods - we can produce many zinc ore i angel's refining and get huge count of zinc plates in angel's smelting but its nowhere to use for sometimes, so we can please them when the long-awaited compatibility appears
That what i'm talking about
And I have some doubts concerning effective ways of extraction of sodium hydroxide - how to get many sodium hydroxide in big counts in PYCP for activated carbon?
Angel mods using many many sodium products, i can say - a lot
One of the ways is get sodium+chlorine from sodium chloride (salt) and get sodium hydroxide from sodium by mixing this purified water

What do u think about supporting purified water in recipe with tar sorting instead of common water? And may be support of sodium?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:
pyanodon wrote:
That what i'm talking about
And I have some doubts concerning effective ways of extraction of sodium hydroxide - how to get many sodium hydroxide in big counts in PYCP for activated carbon?
Angel mods using many many sodium products, i can say - a lot
One of the ways is get sodium+chlorine from sodium chloride (salt) and get sodium hydroxide from sodium by mixing this purified water

What do u think about supporting purified water in recipe with tar sorting instead of common water? And may be support of sodium?

PYCP is closed for now unti i finish PYFE, i change stuff on PYCP only for bug fixing and improvements. I have no plans to use sodium metal. But if you have bobs and PYCP installed, you can use bobs electrolysis to make sodium hydroxide, venting out the gases. More sodium hydroxide recipes probably in future expansions. :)
pY Coal processing mod

husky777
Inserter
Inserter

Post by husky777 »

Sand Extractor makes all their products from metal rod. Bug?
This text is written in broken English
greetings from the Russian Federation

Return to “PyMods”