pY Coal Processing - Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by pyanodon »

Hello fellow builders, today i bring a preview of the solid separator building, until i find a better name XD

Like the fluids separator i posted few weeks ago, this building will do the same as that one, but with solids, so no pipes in this one which is rare in that mod. That building can process a mix of solids and split them in all their parts. Very very useful when you process soil for example. ;) .

Last edited by pyanodon on Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

StormTAG
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by StormTAG »

I'm finishing up my compatability mod between Coal Processing and Angel's Stuff. Most notably I've added flare recipes for Creoste and Tar. I've also added recipes for breaking Coal Processing Coke (13mj) into 2 Angels Coke (2*6mj) for all the normal reasons you might want to do that. Fueling Iron Smelters for the Angels Refining mod for example.

Any other compatabilities for the current version of the mod that I should add?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

StormTAG wrote:I'm finishing up my compatability mod between Coal Processing and Angel's Stuff. Most notably I've added flare recipes for Creoste and Tar. I've also added recipes for breaking Coal Processing Coke (13mj) into 2 Angels Coke (2*6mj) for all the normal reasons you might want to do that. Fueling Iron Smelters for the Angels Refining mod for example.

Any other compatabilities for the current version of the mod that I should add?

Oh thank you. !!! For the current version, no. The current version is a very small now. But the next release, i think you will have several compatibilities to do. The most important may be the convert of angel's methanol and syngas to my methanol/syngas and vice-versa
pY Coal processing mod

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Please don't just add converter recipes.
It would be better to set one item to nil and replace all items in the recipes with the other.

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

steinio wrote:Please don't just add converter recipes.
It would be better to set one item to nil and replace all items in the recipes with the other.

Greetings steinio

Thats true. Since begining i knew sooner or later we would reach that point of cross items between some mods. For my help, Nexela used that trick to deal with Bobs mod. StormTAG can use the same.
pY Coal processing mod

StormTAG
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by StormTAG »

We'll have to see when the time comes which makes the most sense. The balance of the game could be skewed a bit if we do straight replacement without considering how each mod intended for the item to be used. The coke example in version 1 is a good example where a converter recipe makes more sense.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

StormTAG wrote:We'll have to see when the time comes which makes the most sense. The balance of the game could be skewed a bit if we do straight replacement without considering how each mod intended for the item to be used. The coke example in version 1 is a good example where a converter recipe makes more sense.

Indeed. But for example, syngas and methanol on angel´s mod are intermediate ingredients. In my mod they are fuel for the turbines to generate electricity. To avoid a conversion thing, the trick steinio suggest should work better in this case.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Hi StormTAG, thanks for intersting news about making compatibility
Nice new building pyaonodon - ur mod still grows to new heights? but i'm still waiting for new from Nexela, intersting what he can say about his progress with mod
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Greeting fellow builders!

Today another machine in the chromium production wing of this mod. The sand washer. To extract chromium from sand, it must be clean. Also, sand will be used for glass, concrete and few other things too.

it´s accelerated because there´s modules on it :mrgreen:
Last edited by pyanodon on Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Ah, you are foxy pyanodon - modules.......... :mrgreen:

Northgate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Northgate »

Awesome mod! Keep up the good work. I can't wait to test the next version together with Bobs and Angels. :)

I'm also planning on doing a Let's Play with it once the whole package is finished. :D
Also, sand will be used for glass, concrete and few other things too.
I really like that. Sand for glass is very welcome.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Northgate wrote:Awesome mod! Keep up the good work. I can't wait to test the next version together with Bobs and Angels. :)

I'm also planning on doing a Let's Play with it once the whole package is finished. :D
Also, sand will be used for glass, concrete and few other things too.
I really like that. Sand for glass is very welcome.
That would be an amazing thing from you mate! The next release is with beta testers now..we´re very close to release it :D
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I can't wait too, this expectation becomes intolerable, probably you have decided to grind ur creation to the sparkling gloss :mrgreen:

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:I can't wait too, this expectation becomes intolerable, probably you have decided to grind ur creation to the sparkling gloss :mrgreen:
Haha, nah...just fixing bugs i think. :) the turbine thing is very complex and key of this mod. :)
pY Coal processing mod

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Greeting fellow builders!

Today i bring what i´ve been working all this week. The MK03 combustion turbine, able to burn several fluids with different outputs. That huge building deserves its place because few of them can supply your base if you keep the juice flowing to them. It´s avaliable with blue science.

Sorry for all that expectation, im waiting news about the coding and beta testing as well as all of you, so im going on with the graphics to make the next releases (after the green tier) taking less time.
Last edited by pyanodon on Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

That's amazing :) Why this building is going underground? it seemed to me that it's like geothermal extractor for fissures like in angel mods
And what this building will burn& or it mill mix gases and fluids into any mixture?
Can u show this building in another biomes how it'll look on the grass or another similar biomes? Really interesting to look at that part of the building that is on a joint of the hole leaving under the earth ;)

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:That's amazing :) Why this building is going underground? it seemed to me that it's like geothermal extractor for fissures like in angel mods
And what this building will burn& or it mill mix gases and fluids into any mixture?
Can u show this building in another biomes how it'll look on the grass or another similar biomes? Really interesting to look at that part of the building that is on a joint of the hole leaving under the earth ;)

Thanks! Well, we cant grow much up, so i dig it down in the ground. That turbine is very effective, but needs protection, bury it a bit helps with that, since there´s no geothermal plans (yet :mrgreen: ) for this mod. This building as all the other turbines this mod have (MK01 and MK02) can burn some fluids and mixtures to generate electricity. The efficiency, pollution and consumption is variable with the fluid/mix you´re feeding them.

For example, if you put syngas in them, the MK01 turbine will generate 1MW (max), MK02 turbine 2.4MW(max) and this MK03 turbine can reach 5.6MW(max).

But if you put a combustion mixture01(made in the powerhouse) for example, MK01 can generate 1,2MW, MK02=2,7MW and MK03=6.2MW.

and so on... our mod, at start, will bring 10 different fuel types plus the use of vanilla petgas and lightoil. Each one with different efficiencies and pollution levels.

About other biomes, it will always carry that "sand area" near it because limitations and also, the ground was excavated to build the turbine.

Last edited by pyanodon on Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
pY Coal processing mod

Northgate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Northgate »

Looks very nice! Is there a flowchart available that shows all the different fluids which can be used for power generation and show the outputs of each MK as well as their respective power output?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Northgate wrote:Looks very nice! Is there a flowchart available that shows all the different fluids which can be used for power generation and show the outputs of each MK as well as their respective power output?

Sure will have, as soon as we finish the coding part of it. :)
pY Coal processing mod

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Merry early xmas, i think, fellow builders!

WE really hope here we can deliver that update before new year. Meanwhile, remember all that effort in making syngas, refine it and all...may be good to generated good electricity, but in case you dont wanna burn that precious gas, this 5x5 big bad boy can convert refined syngas and other stuff into very useful ingredients...such as petroleum-gas, sulfuric acid, light oil and more...

Meet the FTS-reactor:

It will be ready for the blue science tier.
pY Coal processing mod

Return to “PyMods”