pY Coal Processing - Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by pyanodon »

gum500 wrote:why gas turbine working on steam with the their output of mw it pretty much cheating =)

After the next release, wont be that cheating :D
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Homeworld also uses sand.
Would be great if you use the same resources like the other mentioned mods like Yuoki Angel's or Bob's.

My suggestion is to separate the chromium line from this mod.
This mod started as a coal processing mod and with this it is great and should stay great.

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Have had a very busy past week and as a result I haven't been able to do much work on the code. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day and we can get you guys something to play with for the weekend.

The next release of pYCoalProcessing is more geared towards Bobsmod to fill a void on the coal processing end, and as such I wouldn't recommend using it with Petrochem.

Once Petrochem is more stable there is a good chance we will look into compatibility with it but if there is a lot of similarity between the 2 mods the time spent doing this might not be worth it.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

steinio wrote:Homeworld also uses sand.
Would be great if you use the same resources like the other mentioned mods like Yuoki Angel's or Bob's.

My suggestion is to separate the chromium line from this mod.
This mod started as a coal processing mod and with this it is great and should stay great.

Greetings steinio
Hello steinio!

I used the pool here to decide that, since the chromium processing is just a short chain, that wont be that big near the 3rd tier of this mod...and even the 4th tier. Chromium is very important here. Nexela is right, we´re focused on bob´s for now. But as i said before, Angels is on my sight but Yuoki isnt YET.
Nexela wrote:Once Petrochem is more stable there is a good chance we will look into compatibility with it but if there is a lot of similarity between the 2 mods the time spent doing this might not be worth it.
Good point. In my plans, probably we will have few cross-items between Angel´s petrochem and my "coal-to-oil" thing. I hope with simple recipes we can make base ingredients of my mod to be converted into Angel´s with no hard issues.
pY Coal processing mod

StormTAG
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by StormTAG »

This mod looks very promising! Tried it out in cheat mode and it seems fairly straight forward so far but lots of room for additional awesomeness in the future!

One thing I did notice, is that the recipe for the Destructive Distillation Column requires Storage Tanks, which requires Fluid Handling, a green research tech. However, you seem to be suggesting that the first steps of this mod should be functional purely on red tech. Was this an oversight or should you only be able to start using this stuff once you have green tech?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

StormTAG wrote:This mod looks very promising! Tried it out in cheat mode and it seems fairly straight forward so far but lots of room for additional awesomeness in the future!

One thing I did notice, is that the recipe for the Destructive Distillation Column requires Storage Tanks, which requires Fluid Handling, a green research tech. However, you seem to be suggesting that the first steps of this mod should be functional purely on red tech. Was this an oversight or should you only be able to start using this stuff once you have green tech?

You´re right about that "bug". It will be fixed in the next release. IM glad you´re enjoying it for now. I hope we will have more stuff to post soon!
pY Coal processing mod

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

StormTAG wrote:This mod looks very promising! Tried it out in cheat mode and it seems fairly straight forward so far but lots of room for additional awesomeness in the future!

Fixed :)

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Nexela wrote:Fixed :)
pY Coal processing mod

StormTAG
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by StormTAG »

The Tar processor requires the steel furnace which is also requires green beakers.

I know you guys are planning on adding the Tailings Pond to help store stuff but without some way of storing the Tar/Creosote until green tech, production of Coke/Iron Oxide is depended on how quickly you can build Rails/Medium Poles, which is odd. :) If the Tailings Pond is going to be available at Red Tech, then great! That'll work fine. Otherwise, you might consider making Tar barreling an option early.

Just my musings. Let me know if I can help any with your project! I've never used Lua before but I know my way around an editor.

In the meantime I'm pretending that the Coal Processing is intended to be green-tech.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

StormTAG wrote:The Tar processor requires the steel furnace which is also requires green beakers.

I know you guys are planning on adding the Tailings Pond to help store stuff but without some way of storing the Tar/Creosote until green tech, production of Coke/Iron Oxide is depended on how quickly you can build Rails/Medium Poles, which is odd. :) If the Tailings Pond is going to be available at Red Tech, then great! That'll work fine. Otherwise, you might consider making Tar barreling an option early.

Just my musings. Let me know if I can help any with your project! I've never used Lua before but I know my way around an editor.

In the meantime I'm pretending that the Coal Processing is intended to be green-tech.
The next release will put the mod inside the green tech. Good point too about the tar processing unit. That kind of thing passed by without notice until now.
pY Coal processing mod

Chasbrot
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Chasbrot »

Hi, i just made you the german translation of your awsome mod.
I wish you good luck!
Attachments
de.zip
German-Translation
(638 Bytes) Downloaded 78 times

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Chasbrot wrote:Hi, i just made you the german translation of your awsome mod.
I wish you good luck!
Thank you my friend! I bet you will need to to another one soon :D Will be added!
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

What source of receiving sand you will have in your mod?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:What source of receiving sand you will have in your mod?
???
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I'm asking how we can get sand for getting chromium ore in future? Source of sand? What such unclear I have written?
We can mine dirt in Youki mod with "special drill", and this dirt is infinite by definition
Here didn't think that my question can make such impression on you, without offenses the dude

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:I'm asking how we can get sand for getting chromium ore in future? Source of sand? What such unclear I have written?
We can mine dirt in Youki mod with "special drill", and this dirt is infinite by definition
Here didn't think that my question can make such impression on you, without offenses the dude
Sorry mate, english isnt my main language and sometimes your questions i need to have sure about what you´re saying.

Anyway :D there´s a special drill:

to mine "soil" which can be in a simple way separated into limestone, sand, gravel and organics (other stuff that will come together the main ingredients such grass, insects, bark etc) to be used when needed.
Last edited by pyanodon on Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

OMG, Pyanodon its bears to the old manual meat grinder a strong resemblance for a liitle bit, but looks cool, u know ur style :D
My main language not english too because i'm from Russia, and sometimes for me its really really hard to introduce my ideas - dictionary and google translates often help me.................

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:OMG, Pyanodon its bears to the old manual meat grinder a strong resemblance for a liitle bit, but looks cool, u know ur style :D
My main language not english too because i'm from Russia, and sometimes for me its really really hard to introduce my ideas - dictionary and google translates often help me.................

Ahhh now i see why we have that communication problems. Well, not a meat grinder, but the basics are the same, in any soil or ore processing we have a "pre-crusher" thing.
pY Coal processing mod

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

pyanodon wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:OMG, Pyanodon its bears to the old manual meat grinder a strong resemblance for a liitle bit, but looks cool, u know ur style :D

Ahhh now i see why we have that communication problems. Well, not a meat grinder, but the basics are the same, in any soil or ore processing we have a "pre-crusher" thing.
when the game will be bitumen and asphalt?
thanks!

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Airat9000 wrote:when the game will be bitumen and asphalt?
thanks!
OMG Airat9000 then we can call this mod not coal processing but Oil and Coal Processing ahahahaaaaa :D

Return to “PyMods”