Choose on my playthrough!

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

gavrielba
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Choose on my playthrough!

Post by gavrielba »

So, Kerogen. Thanks to this game now I FINALLY know what it means! Who knew it's the most abundant organic material on Earth??? Right?

So, yeah, what do I do with it? Just second science. Keep it? Shale oil? Burn it? For some reason I feel burning it should be the solution. I mean, it gives 2MJ. But I already crush coal and that gives a ton of energy. Or will it be a lot more useful later?

gavrielba
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Choose on my playthrough!

Post by gavrielba »

I've done some research.

Maybe it'll be news to someone?

Basically I've discovered that breaking down everything (?) makes it more effecient when burning. I'm yet to look into the power taken by the machines who do the breaking and down, hopefully in the evening (maybe they don't take electricity at all?).

(nevermind, I just realised there's "Effeciency:200%" stat on Oil Burner)

So the question is, I guess, should I save up on coal or on kerogene?

error0664
Inserter
Inserter

Post by error0664 »

it might be only a minor thing, for me, i ended up convert it to shale oil and use the chemicals i receive from it as supplement to other sources. with the excess i just burn them and use as a minor source of power to supplement the grid
if even the grid is satisfied i just vent the steam to avoid stone backing up

i think it depends where you find the best use for your base

Ohz
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ohz »

Kerogen is awesome to make Kerozen, which can be sent to create electricity by the molten salt cycle thingy generator. It's my main source of power personnally, I have a lot of stone ouposts for this reason.
I'm not english, sorry for my mistakes

Return to “PyMods”