Please add the ability to disable the starting bonuses

Post by factoriogame1121 »

For example in mods settings..
Ability to disable such cheats as:
-Initial resources in inventory
-Remove spaceship
-Disable the initial concentration of all types of resources at one point
Start completely naked and in random terrain
One small setting and a lot of fun for those who like to get out of the initial bottom :) (the minimum initial radius of the biters is required :) )

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Please add the ability to disable the starting bonuses

Post by BlueTemplar »

This probably deserves its own thread, but is there a way to have resources more staggered than starting/non-starting ?

I don't remember exactly the early game, and it might change with Alternative Energy anyway, but IIRC titanium (?) and especially rare earths could be further out ? (Roughly : starting resources should be *only* what is needed for red science ?)

A different minimum distance from start for each resource is what I used in BobDiggity, but Diggy uses a custom, from scratch, ore generation. Like RSO. Maybe there's a way to configure RSO like that too, Digging in the mod files ?

(I guess you might achieve something similar for non-starting resources just by using randomness - by tweaking Frequency down, but Size & Richness up for resources that are supposed to be farther out ?
Also, RSO has the option to remove (ALL!) ores in the starting area, but this would probably be unplayable with biters ?)
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by factoriogame1121 »

Yes indeed. Resources are spent just an insane amount, and if they were scattered by default from the very beginning, then you would have to run more than plan and build :D
But nevertheless, if the red science train is implemented in the game, then it might make sense to introduce the function of canceling the initial resource area. For variety.
P.S: But I am still against the initial resources of the inventory and the spaceship, I destroyed the ship first, put everything in a wooden box, and then when I got a gun I shot it :D

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

I just remembered the existence of this great mod :
(which I was inspired of for BobDiggity, my bad, should have remembered about it sooner !)
Oreverhaul by Reika
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Oreverhaul
Primary Features:
Allows for gating ore by distance, so that more advanced or lategame ores require further exploration
By default changes richness distribution, so that starter patches are very poor but rapidly improve away from spawn, to encourage trains
Allows for overhauling of spawner/worm placement to mesh with the ore changes

Secondary Features:
Optionally increases spawner health to discourage early game base destruction
Has an option to allow ore richness to increase forever rather than plateauing at maximum distance
Has overall distance scaling options
Has retrogeneration capability, with distance specification
Adds optional Behemoth (green) Worms to defend very distant bases
Now it «just» needs a pY config file... :D
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Return to “PyMods”