Late-earlygame coal gasification plant

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Late-earlygame coal gasification plant

Post by septemberWaves »

Just finished setting up this new coal gasification plant. I've finished green science and am working on a logistic railway to prepare for complex circuit boards and blue and py science. This facility requires 30 raw coal and a little under 800 oxygen per second at peak production, and outputs large quantities of syngas, with a substantial amount of ash as its major byproduct, and a small amount of iron oxide. Alternatively, it can also supply coal gas, tar, and flue gas, depending on what is being consumed. The last thing I still need to do is set up some logic to prevent voiding of excess gases when all gas tanks are full.

DarkShadow44
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Late-earlygame coal gasification plant

Post by DarkShadow44 »

Can you share a save/blueprint so we can take a closer look? :D

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Late-earlygame coal gasification plant

Post by septemberWaves »

Hopefully this works, I've not uploaded blueprints to this site before.

The only modded entities, unless I'm missing something, are from Pyanodon's mods and Logistic Train Network.

Since I don't know whether blueprint strings preserve train stop names, the stations from left to right are as follows: oxygen requester; high priority iron oxide provider; high priority ash provider; flue gas provider; coal gas provider; tar provider; syngas provider. Raw coal input is by belt.

It is also worth noting that this facility isn't really made to be directly replicated wherever it may be needed. It fits into a region defined not by any standard of tileable factory construction, but by the surrounding terrain (in particular, I wanted to avoid covering up a rather large oil field to the immediate north). The station is also not standardized. The reason I do this is because I wanted to try to design a more organic factory shape; I've been placing things wherever they seem to fit, rather than in any particularly organized manner. So while this was built to a set ratio (specifically, it was built to consume an exact amount of raw coal as maximum input), the actual layout may not be useful for everyone.

Return to “PyMods”