Post by vega867 »

-The sound of destructive distillation column makes a clipping noise
-The recipe for clay is missing

vega867
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: A couple of bugs/issues

Post by vega867 »

-The different liquid mixing warning does not work for steams of different temperature - it does not prevent you from mixing 60C steam with 165C steam, which contaminates the entire steam line and stops production.
-Py-GasVent does not vent 60/165C steam at all

Zanthra
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zanthra »

Steams of different temperatures are still considered the same fluid, so the base game fluid mixing prevention won't stop them from mxing, and the base game liquid temperature system will cause their temperatures to average when they combine. Be cautious with them, and keep tanks or buffers of steam to a minimum so if you have to manually flush a steam system after a mixup you don't loose as much.

Tailings ponds can be used to vent steam if nescessary.

werner95
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by werner95 »

vega867 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 10:09 am
-The different liquid mixing warning does not work for steams of different temperature - it does not prevent you from mixing 60C steam with 165C steam, which contaminates the entire steam line and stops production.
-Py-GasVent does not vent 60/165C steam at all
Ain't that what the cooling towers are for?

I keep my water system at 80% using underflow valves. Then I dump excess steam back into the circuit with cooling towers. Even in places where "closed loop" design is a good idea, this generally works because there's always a ton of stuff on my base consuming water.

Return to “PyMods”