pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

bjohnsonmn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Dead End on Bio Reactor

Post by bjohnsonmn »

Hello,
I can't make a Bio reactor to make the Helium that is needed to make the thing that makes the Super-Alloy! I am just trying to get the helium chain up and running.

Also, some of the recipes have changed from the chain diagrams on Post 1. Is it possible to have Post 1 updated with the new chains and recipes?

Other than that, it has been a fun challenge!

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Dead End on Bio Reactor

Post by pyanodon »

bjohnsonmn wrote:Hello,
I can't make a Bio reactor to make the Helium that is needed to make the thing that makes the Super-Alloy! I am just trying to get the helium chain up and running.

Also, some of the recipes have changed from the chain diagrams on Post 1. Is it possible to have Post 1 updated with the new chains and recipes?

Other than that, it has been a fun challenge!
you can get small amounts of helium by the atmospheric way.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

bjohnsonmn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.x] pY Fusion Energy

Post by bjohnsonmn »

That's what I thought, but the bio-processor was missing or I couldn't make it due to the lack of that special metal... I'll check again.

morcup
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: pY Fusion Energy - Discussion

Post by morcup »

Hey, just wanted to give a big thank you for this mod (and PYCP). I first gave them a go (after getting a bit tired of Bob+Angel) a number of months ago and got stuck, but I knew I was going to come back someday. Well, a few weeks ago, it was time, and I'm now about 120 hours into my game, still working my way through the tiers of fusion. Great job with the recipes and artwork, I couldn't imagine putting something together of this scale.

One small question- It seems that you get about the same energy yield from all forms of fusion, even though the critical steam has different temperatures. Is it supposed to be this way, or am I missing something?
Check out my server.
Server thread at: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=35528

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

morcup wrote:Hey, just wanted to give a big thank you for this mod (and PYCP). I first gave them a go (after getting a bit tired of Bob+Angel) a number of months ago and got stuck, but I knew I was going to come back someday. Well, a few weeks ago, it was time, and I'm now about 120 hours into my game, still working my way through the tiers of fusion. Great job with the recipes and artwork, I couldn't imagine putting something together of this scale.

One small question- It seems that you get about the same energy yield from all forms of fusion, even though the critical steam has different temperatures. Is it supposed to be this way, or am I missing something?

Thank you!! Glad you´re enjoying it.
The hotter the critical steam, more energy it will output into pressured steam turbines.
pY Coal processing mod

morcup
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by morcup »

Oh, silly me, I was only looking at the amount of high pressure steam, and not the temperature of it. I see now it is also apparent in the available performance of the turbine.
Check out my server.
Server thread at: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=35528

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

pyFE updated! Please update your mods by the game :D
pY Coal processing mod

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Mod updated!
pY Coal processing mod

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

How to get molybdenium ore?

Post by Hannu »

I have researched all red and green research. For blue I should have red circuits (level 2), which needs molybdenite ore (to make cermet for components). However, I can not find a way to get molybdenite ore. Molybdenium mine needs red circuits. FNEI shows that ground borer can be used but it needs blue science to unlock. It seems I can not get it from tar or nucleosynthesis. How to proceed? Did I forget to install some mod?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: How to get molybdenium ore?

Post by pyanodon »

Hannu wrote:I have researched all red and green research. For blue I should have red circuits (level 2), which needs molybdenite ore (to make cermet for components). However, I can not find a way to get molybdenite ore. Molybdenium mine needs red circuits. FNEI shows that ground borer can be used but it needs blue science to unlock. It seems I can not get it from tar or nucleosynthesis. How to proceed? Did I forget to install some mod?

Its a bug were fixing. Should be ready this weekend
pY Coal processing mod

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: How to get molybdenium ore?

Post by Hannu »

pyanodon wrote:
Hannu wrote:How to proceed?
Its a bug were fixing. Should be ready this weekend
OK. Thank you.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Mod Udpated. Please update your version.
pY Coal processing mod

ecci87
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ecci87 »

Hey pyanodon,

great mod! We love it.

We are using Py HighTec + Py CoalProcessing + Py Fusion Energy + Py Industry (ya thats painful in a good way :P)

Seems like we are stuck/deadlocked on Molybdenum Ore. This is the dead locked dependency chain:

MolybdenumOre <- Molybdenum Mine <- Laser Turrets <- Batteries <- Rayon <- Fiber <- Zentrifuge <- CircuitBoard2 <- Diode <- Cermet <- CrudeCermet <- MolybdenumOre

Also PyBots are pretty useless without some basic logistic chests before CicuirtBoard2 :\ Because of the huge factory distances I would rather have early logistic bots to bring me stuff than construction bots, though

Thank you :)

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

ecci87 wrote:Hey pyanodon,

great mod! We love it.

We are using Py HighTec + Py CoalProcessing + Py Fusion Energy + Py Industry (ya thats painful in a good way :P)

Seems like we are stuck/deadlocked on Molybdenum Ore. This is the dead locked dependency chain:

MolybdenumOre <- Molybdenum Mine <- Laser Turrets <- Batteries <- Rayon <- Fiber <- Zentrifuge <- CircuitBoard2 <- Diode <- Cermet <- CrudeCermet <- MolybdenumOre

Also PyBots are pretty useless without some basic logistic chests before CicuirtBoard2 :\ Because of the huge factory distances I would rather have early logistic bots to bring me stuff than construction bots, though

Centrifuge doesnt need circuit board 2 anymore. Please people, get your mods updated.
pY Coal processing mod

MinerSebas
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MinerSebas »

pyanodon wrote:
ecci87 wrote:Hey pyanodon,

great mod! We love it.

Centrifuge doesnt need circuit board 2 anymore. Please people, get your mods updated.
It's also possible the update on thier Side broke.
I had the Problem, that i updated High Tech for the Handcraft change, but everything was still the same (Same time and automatio possibilty).
After Deleting the Mod and than reinstalling the Update changes appeared.

ecci87
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ecci87 »

It was freshly updated like 5 minutes before I posted. I will try the reinstalling that should help. Thank you for the suggestion!

ecci87
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ecci87 »

Deleting the mods and reinstalling worked. So there must be something wrong with the update mechanism. I hosted a multiplayer game maybe that has something todo with it.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Heyo people..mod updated! Please make sure you have the latest version.
pY Coal processing mod

lleylar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by lleylar »

Hello hello !

First off, need to say that I did enjoy your mods thoroughly, for their amusing complexity.

However, I have a major beef with Py Fusion at the moment. See, I finally reached the fusion reactors, and I just spent a day or so looking into what's required to scale things up to industrial levels, for fusion energy.

My original goal was 1 boron-proton cycle per second, which I quickly scaled bad to 1 per minute (for a paltry 2.7 GW). Turns out even that is impossible at the moment, unless I missed something important somewhere.

The main problem comes from the ferrite requirements. 485 ferrite per minute doesn't sound lik much, and it isn't, mostly, except there's only 1 way to get it, with nichrome & iron oxide. Iron oxide & chromium thankfully both share the same source ... and that's where I gave up entirely.

485/min of ferrite gives us 2425 iron oxide per minute, along with 363 nichrome, giving us 1818 chromium.
Added to the requirements for super alloys, that's 3K chromium a minute. Which translates to (because there's only 1 recipe) to 9k chromite sand. Chromite sand has only 1 reliable source, Rich dust, except now we're at 22.5k rich sand per minute. Only 2 sources possible for that, sand, which really isn't scalable either, not when you'd need 30k per minute, or straight from a sand extractor, which .... cannot take either productivity modules OR speed modules, and extracts at a non modifiable rate of 1.5 rich sand per second ....

So, 250 sand extractors required, to power my fusion reactors ? :/ (Now I read that it doesn't sound horrible, but my original goal was 1/sec so that'd be 15k sand extractors, and I know that won't work).

Allow speed modules in sand extractors, please, for the love of all that's holy ? Then I can beacon them to hell and go for a build that's actually cool to see in action, with 40 reactors running constantly 8-) .

While you're at it, think about allowing speed modules in Ulric corals please. And every single building that doesn't currently allow them (few of these, but they are super terrible when everything else is moduled / beaconed).

Thanks for reading !

o7

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

lleylar wrote:blahblah
I will consider that. :)
pY Coal processing mod

Return to “PyMods”