Inconsistent Deconstruction Whitelist/Blacklist toggling

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
SpiffyTriffid
Inserter
Inserter

Inconsistent Deconstruction Whitelist/Blacklist toggling

Post by SpiffyTriffid »

tl;dr decon planner wlist/blist toggle seems to proc on mousedown due to audio indicator that an action has completed, but the actual state change seems to occur after a short delay which can be cancelled out of on accident

I've gotten to the point where I can operate the factorio controls at a pretty high speed by using the UI audio cues as indicators, which has caused this issue to start happening more and more often. When I click on the whitelist-blacklist toggle-slider in a deconstruction planner to swap between the two, it plays a clicking noise and displays the toggle in the alternate position. If I use the "close window" key to exit the window too quickly, the toggle will not retain its changed status, and will return to the previous state. This seems like a bug, since the audio cue is played to indicate to the player that something has happened, when in reality the state change can fail to happen happen after the audio cue has played due to an animation delay. It's a small thing, but it's really frustrating when you configure a decon planner to only remove certain parts and then because you operated the UI too quickly you end up destroying all but the parts you were trying to remove. I can provide frame-by-frame video of this if needed.
Replication is as follows: toggle a decon slider using the mouse and then as soon as the audio plays, exit the decon planner using the "close window" key. If done quickly enough, when the decon planner is reopened, the toggle slider state will not have changed, in defiance of the audio indicator.
Attached is a short clip that demonstrates the animation and audio playing, but the toggle not changed when the planner is reopened
Attachments
smol.mp4
Video example
(963.92 KiB) Downloaded 56 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Inconsistent Deconstruction Whitelist/Blacklist toggling

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. I checked in 0.17 and it was changed to toggle on mouse down (which matches the audio tick).
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”