All mods from Reika

Moderator: Reika

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

TreePlant - A green thumb (inserter?)

Post by Reika »

Mod Info:
I hate clearing trees, and not just because of NauvisDay. I genuinely think that they - especially some of the modded ones - are quite appealing visually, and my ideal factory is one inset into the trees like this and this.

However, one is inevitably forced to clear trees, both to make space for infrastructure, and because they often end up pollution-damaged and unsightly.

Well, that is no longer a concern. Depending on how it is configured, TreePlant can make trees replantable and healable in a variety of ways, including stumps that can be regrown into trees, sapling drops, or a simple tree healing capsule. As bonus features, it also includes options to stop biters from tearing a hole through your forests, and a water capsule to put out unwanted forest fires.
Screenshots/Video:
Putting out a forest fire:

Tree Healing Capsule in action:

Tree Replanting Machine:
Notice the natural tree clustering:

i_i
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.17] BEST MOD EVER for ZEN Gardening and OCD during the extended burner phase while cleaning the area.

Post by i_i »

The mod T-Re(e)plant caused a non-recoverable error.
Error while running event TreePlant::on_player_mined_entity (ID 65)
Unknown item name stone-var1
stack traceback:
__TreePlant__/functions.lua:55: in function 'onEntityMined'
__TreePlant__/functions.lua:60: in function <__TreePlant__/functions.lua:59>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'insert'
__TreePlant__/functions.lua:55: in function 'onEntityMined'
__TreePlant__/functions.lua:60: in function <__TreePlant__/functions.lua:59>

Nice too bad the trees aren't named properly wish the filenames be shown in the names to see the kind of tree it has. i use MoDevTool F10 to identify the Tree names. I like the way the stones Fills out the whole slot. instead of stacking.

CyberMarla
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: TreePlant - A green thumb (inserter?)

Post by CyberMarla »

Sorry to not post this on Git (I don't have an account and don't want to make one right now).

The mod worked fine and then I changed the settings. IIRC, I unchecked every setting except "tree-pollution-repair". After the forced restart, this error occured:
Failed to load mods: Error while running setup for entity prototype "tree-planter" (logistic-container): A requester-type chest with zero request slots makes no sense.

Mods to be disabled:
• TreePlant (1.18.2)
I am playing on version 0.18.24 currently.
Reinstalling the mod doesn't help. I asume the settings of this mod are kept in store somewhere even after deinstalling the mod, therefore I am not able to install / activate this mod again.

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Reika »

CyberMarla wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:20 am
Sorry to not post this on Git (I don't have an account and don't want to make one right now).

The mod worked fine and then I changed the settings. IIRC, I unchecked every setting except "tree-pollution-repair". After the forced restart, this error occured:
Failed to load mods: Error while running setup for entity prototype "tree-planter" (logistic-container): A requester-type chest with zero request slots makes no sense.

Mods to be disabled:
• TreePlant (1.18.2)
I am playing on version 0.18.24 currently.
Reinstalling the mod doesn't help. I asume the settings of this mod are kept in store somewhere even after deinstalling the mod, therefore I am not able to install / activate this mod again.
The tree planting machine requires plantable trees to be usable, and you disabled both kinds. The simplest fix for now is to edit the data-final.lua and remove the reference to the planter file.

thereaverofdarkness
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by thereaverofdarkness »

Can you post an explanation of how the Tree Planter works? I built one in my game but it just gradually ate saplings and didn't seem to do anything.

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Reika »

thereaverofdarkness wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:49 pm
Can you post an explanation of how the Tree Planter works? I built one in my game but it just gradually ate saplings and didn't seem to do anything.
It plants them into forests.

thereaverofdarkness
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by thereaverofdarkness »

A little dragon told me you like embedded factories. I thought I'd share what I've been working with for the past few days. Not the most efficient build, but perhaps it all depends on what you want out of it. This build has made me happy.

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

How does it works? I have placed the Tree Planting Machine, added some trees and wood in it but nothing happens.

Does it require power? Doesn't seems to require it. I did bring a power cable to it but still nothing. They don't show up in the power consumption so I guess they don't require power.

Does it require a roboport to work? Or is it just to request wood/trees? I did put a roboport near it but still, added some construction robo and some logistics one and still nothing.

i_i
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

tRe-Plant Zen Gardening in Factorio.

Post by i_i »

Reika wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:06 pm
The tree planting machine requires plantable trees to be usable, and you disabled both kinds. The simplest fix for now is to edit the data-final.lua and remove the reference to the planter file.
Thanks for the Solution i don't know how to code. But never mind..

Why would you deprive us the joy of throwing grenades to clear out the area and see the Fires consume the area. :D

Anyways Since there's a HUGE Library of Different Trees and Different names & numbers; Is there a way to consolidate it to it's own TAB of Materials & Recepies "E"quip

Return to “Reika's Mods”