All mods from Reika

Moderator: Reika

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Oreverhaul - Much more control over oregen and related progression

Post by Reika »

Mod Info:
Oreverhaul allows you to control the way ores generate, including their richness, size, rarity, spawn control (eg minimum distance), and more. At default settings, higher and higher tier ores are only found further and further from the center of the map, which forces a great deal of exploration, the use of trains, and some amount of player-biter conflict. Additionally, under the defaults, ores start with nearly nothing at the center, but rapidly improve away from the spawn.

All the behaviors are configurable, with a high degree of fidelity; you can easily tailor the settings to whatever style of gameplay you please.

Note that Oreverhaul is entirely controlled by a "config.lua" in the mod zip (either extract the mod or edit it with something like WinRAR), as its options are far too numerous and complicated for the ingame options menu. The default copy of the file can be seen here.

Has native (ie implemented by default) integration with Bob's Mods, and can easily be made to handle those from other mods as well; see the documentation in the config. Any ores not specified by the config are not generated whatsoever, so ensure you have handled every necessary ore in your pack. Ores specified in the config but not present ingame trigger a chat warning once (reset if mod installations change).

Oreverhaul also has the (on by default) option to redo enemy base distribution, to better mesh with the oregen and desired gameplay/exploration changes.

It additionally has retrogen features, but be warned that they may not be MP compatible, and are of course rather laggy.

Screenshots/Video:
A mockup showing approximate minimum ore distances:

A demonstration of the dramatic ore richness and patch size curve:

Mernom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Oreverhaul - Much more control over oregen and related progression

Post by Mernom »

Two questions: first, does this mod support multiple surfaces?
Second, does this mod allows to modify the resource multiplier of the origin point? To potentially have it already be treated as a fairly distant area.

thereaverofdarkness
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by thereaverofdarkness »

This mod doesn't seem to work. There are no in-game settings for it, and I'm getting oil and uranium pretty close to my starting area. I don't know where the file has been installed so I'm unable to find this config.lua you mention. How do I edit the mod?

P.S.: I think it would be nice if just a few of the settings were available in the in-game menu. Just a minimum distance and a rate of increase for each ore would be plenty.

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

Mod settings in a config file make this mostly a nonstarter for multiplayer.

If you'd like some help getting the settings into the in-game interface, come find me on the Factorio Discord and I'd be happy to brainstorm how to make them fit.

demongo
Inserter
Inserter

Post by demongo »

that would be amazing, i loved using this mod...

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Reika »

demongo wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:49 pm
that would be amazing, i loved using this mod...
This mod is updated.

Return to “Reika's Mods”