Mixing ammo and artillery shells at requester

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

utdrmac
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Mixing ammo and artillery shells at requester

Post by utdrmac »

Loving LTN! Here's my current issue: I've got 2 provider stations, one for ammo and one for artillery shells. My trains for this network are 1-1 (just for ammo, fuel, and other small deliveries). At my mining outposts, I want to request both ammo and artillery at a single stop but cannot seem to accomplish this.

If I use request threshold, I have to set it so low for artillery (40 per steel chest) that it will trigger delivery of 40 ammo (not very efficient). Using the stack request has opposite effect. By setting stack request to 40 (artillery stacks to 1) you end up with 40 stacks of ammo (8000 ammo).

I could use an artillery wagon which holds 100 shells, but that would require encoding the wagon type to the station which would cause issues when requesting ammo as the station would require an artillery wagon, not a cargo wagon.

Is there a way to mix these two correctly? Is there a way to have separate request thresholds for different items? The only other solution I can think of is using 2 requester stations at the outpost but that'll just overcomplicate things and force a redesign of my outpost.

boran_blok
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Mixing ammo and artillery shells at requester

Post by boran_blok »

Honestly, I dont think LTN is the best match for outpost supply where often you want a very varied mix of items delivered.

But there is no issue to mix LTN with standard trains, which is what I would recommend you to do here.

Built an outpost supply fil station where the trains get loaded with the various items. Build a refueling/waiting area and build outposts.

Set train stops -> fill -> wait -> outpost

Set the outpost train limit to 0 when nothing is required, set it to 1 when something is, one delivery will be made. (use local inventory - requirements constant combinator to steer this)

This way you end up with X trains waiting at the refueling location waiting for an outpost to need supplies.

You can place this anywhere, because the needs for the fill station can be supplied with LTN, because this will be much more bulk transport and far fewer deliveries.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”