Defect: No train to transport from StationA to StationB in networks X with length between 0 and 0 found in depot

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

SKZSKZ
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Defect: No train to transport from StationA to StationB in networks X with length between 0 and 0 found in depot

Post by SKZSKZ »

This message was getting spammed at me from different stations. I have no idea how it started, and I ignored it at first. Then it became just too frequent.

Eventually, I discovered a busy station which had no space for trains to queue. The backup blocked a main route. The station also had improperly implemented inserters to the train - only 3 of the 12 were working. Reconfiguring the others to be stack inserters working off a filter got the station functional. I added an area for trains to queue. Slowly but surely, the messages stopped.

I tried switching to the lowest level of logging and enabled debug logs, but these errors do not appear in the log file.

I have got two save games and the log file here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bzc1j0gxipsz ... hI2ja?dl=0

The first game was saved when the issue was apparent to me, with my character at the problematic station.

The second was saved after I fixed the station. You can watch as the messages slowly die away. I am pretty sure this is the fix, because I recreated the fix for that save. When I was messing around the first time I fixed it, the messages persisted for far longer.

Sorry for the mod list - it is quite long :)

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Defect: No train to transport from StationA to StationB in networks X with length between 0 and 0 found in depot

Post by mrvn »

The message happens when you don't have enough trains or you miss-configured your stops. As it was in your case. So the message did it's jobs.

What is the defect here? What do you want to change?

By the way: I recommend using the LTN Combinator and always set a min/max train length and limit the number of trains. The last prevents all trains getting stuck at one station and grid locking your rail network. The former prevents trains with the wrong length to go to the station, once you have trains of different length.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Defect: No train to transport from StationA to StationB in networks X with length between 0 and 0 found in depot

Post by Optera »

Either you used google translate or a mod changing my messages.
The original English message is:

Code: Select all

[LTN] No train to transport from __1__ to __2__ in networks __3__ with length between __4__ and __5__ found in Depot.
networks __3__:
check if requester, provider and depot are in the same network: viewtopic.php?f=214&t=60334

length between __4__ and __5__:
0 means any length, nothing to check here

If you had an empty depot this would show instead:

Code: Select all

[LTN] No train to transport items found in depots. Skipping item processing.

SKZSKZ
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by SKZSKZ »

Thanks, both. This explains it. I was thrown because "between 0 and 0" makes no sense. Now I know it just means "any length", I can go ahead and add length limits to the stations. And train limits sound like an excellent idea too. That will definitely improve things.

I guess it must be a mod changing the messages because English is my native tongue and I did not use a translator :)

Return to “Logistic Train Network”