Reading what the requester has scheduled?

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

Secular_Strategy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Reading what the requester has scheduled?

Post by Secular_Strategy »

I have a single requester stop that takes multiple items, such as copper and iron ore. I have other buildings at the stop that need to behave a certain way in the circuit network based on what the requester has asked for, but I need them to behave this way the moment the schedule is made, not after the train/items arrive. Is there a way to do this? I know that the light will turn yellow at the moment of schedule generation, and I can make the circuit network respond to that, but I can't see any way for the requested items to be added to a circuit connection.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Reading what the requester has scheduled?

Post by Optera »

Questions like this make me wonder what some of you guys try to build.

LTN Content Reader might be granular enough depending on how you set up Network ID.

Secular_Strategy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Secular_Strategy »

Thanks! That will likely take care of my needs. I'll give it a shot when I get a chance.

Since you're curious, I'll explain. I wanted to skip the details so my question would be as simple as possible.

I have an area taking a wide variety of materials. I could have a single station for each requested item, but that would be a lot of stations. Or, I could have one station requesting all the items, but if two or more items run out around the same time, then it could lead to delays.

So my idea was to have a set of requester stations that each want all the items necessary. When I try this normally, when 1,000 of item A needs to be requested, it gets requested on all stations simultaneously, which is a problem. Instead, I want the requested item headed to station #1 to be added to the inventory count, as though it's already there, so station #2 won't read it as a deficit. As a consequence, I will have to wire it up so station #2 will be active only when station #1 is already in use, but I'll work on that later.

Maybe there's a better way to do this. I'm just going through it my own way. That's the fun of the game.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Sounds overly complicated.
3 stations each requesting 100k of everything would be automatically balanced by LTN.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”