Logistic Train Stop acting wierd when testing designs

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

Skypex
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Logistic Train Stop acting wierd when testing designs

Post by Skypex »

Found a bug that occurs in factorio's sandbox mode and other modes like it such as the Editor Extentions mode.
I compare them based on the fact that placing items and ghosts act almost the same way. Placing a ghost is just the same as placing an item normally, at least visually.

Steps to enter Sandbox mode:
1. Press Single Player with Left Mouse Click
2. New Game with Left Mouse Click
3. Under the Game Scenarios Tab press Sandbox with Left Mouse Click
4. Press Next with Left Mouse Click
5. Press Play with Left Mouse Click

The bug/bugs occurs when using a deconstruct planner on the Logistic Train Stop and undoing it with CTRL+Z, and when copying (CTRL+C) and pasting (CTRL+V) the Logistic Train Stop.

Steps to reproduce Deconstruct Planner related issue:
1. Place a Logistic Train Stop on any Rail
2. Use a Deconstruction Planner to deconstruct the Logistic Train Stop (You can include the rail, it doesn't give a different result)
1.png
1.png (4.68 MiB) Viewed 1115 times
3. Press CTRL+Z to undo the decontruction.
Result: Now the Logistic Train Stop looks like a normal Train Stop but still is a Logistic Train Stop. This can be identified by hovering over it and checking the info on the right side.
2.png
2.png (4.58 MiB) Viewed 1115 times
Steps to reproduce Copy/Paste related issue:
1. Place a Logistic Train Stop on any Rail
2. Press CTRL+C, highlight the Logistic Train Stop and copy it. (You can include the rail, it doesn't give a different result)
3.png
3.png (4.7 MiB) Viewed 1115 times
3. Press CTRL+V somewhere else on the map.
4.png
4.png (4.66 MiB) Viewed 1115 times
Result: Now each of the 3 components of the Logistic Train Stop are seperated; the Logistic Train Stop, the Logistic Train Stop Input and the Logistic Train Stop output.
5.png
5.png (4.63 MiB) Viewed 1115 times
Additionally, when connecting a combinator with any signal, the Logistic Train Stop Input is White.
8.png
8.png (4.01 MiB) Viewed 1115 times
Additional step to prove the components are seperate:
4. Use a deconstruction planner and highlight any of the 3 components of the Logistic Train Stop and deconstruct it. (You don't need to use a Deconstruction Planner on the Logistic Train Stop itself, only the Logistic Train Stop Input and Logistic Train Stop Output)
6.png
6.png (4.72 MiB) Viewed 1115 times
Result: Only the individual component is removed.
7.png
7.png (4.67 MiB) Viewed 1115 times

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Logistic Train Stop acting wierd when testing designs

Post by Optera »

Even with instant blueprint and deconstruction undo in sandbox places a ghost but doesn't revive it for me.

Your copy/paste error looks like you stopped time. If you prevent tick from progressing no script can run.

Skypex
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Skypex »

Now that you mention it, i feel like i should mention that i clicked yes to all the options presented when you enter sandbox mode. This includes turning off the day/night cycle and leaving it on day permanently.

Although i'm pretty sure the game ran as usual. All i did for the examples you see in the screenshots was just jump straight into a new Sandbox and did it. I initially discovered the issue in a different world when designing a new book to use in my online game.

You said you couldn't revive it? i'm just gonna assume you meant couldn't recreate it. In that case its probably caused by the interaction between your mod and one of my other mods i have to help with maknig blueprints a lot easier.

I'm willing to deal with it as it is, since it doesn't happen in a normal game and when i place down a blueprint that has the "broken" train stop in it, it works just fine when the robots place it down. Just felt like i should bring it to your attention that it does happen :)

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Stops built in editor work just fine as soon as one tick passes.
Looks to me like one of your other mods revives ghosts without raising on_script_revived which is not a bug in LTN.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”