Can't Avoid "With Missing Cargo" Messages

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

bcwhite
Inserter
Inserter

Can't Avoid "With Missing Cargo" Messages

Post by bcwhite »

The new version of LTN has messages when a train leaves a provider without its full load of cargo. I have some mines that offer multiple types of ore and they generally leave a small (like a 1/4 slot) unfilled to ensure that no inserter is left holding something when the train departs.

Is there a way to turn this off on a per-station basis?

I tried adding the "no warning" option to those provider stations but the alert message still appears.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Can't Avoid "With Missing Cargo" Messages

Post by Optera »

Sounds like you overengineered your loading stations.

Locked Slots per Wagon already does that for you. It tells LTN to reduce wagon capacity by n slots.
With locked slots set to however many slots inserters can load in one cycle all you need is count expected inventory - current inventory to control inserters.

bcwhite
Inserter
Inserter

"

Post by bcwhite »

There are two problems with "locked slots":

1) 12 inserters can move 144 items per swing which means, as I understand it, that I'd need 3 locked slots with an average of 1/2 that (75 ore) being left empty. My solution gets it down to under 12 ore left empty. But I agree... not worth the effort for that alone.

2) I can't guarantee that there is sufficient ore in the buffer-chests to fully fill every car. The front-end belt balancers could, by complete chance, distribute the various ores sufficiently unevenly over time that, even though the total is sufficient, there simply isn't enough of the desired ore type buffered for one or more individual cars. That would result in attempts to make up the difference at the cars with excess, leading to overfilling and inserters left holding ore that wouldn't fit.

I have the "use signals" option turned on and set "green" when my circuit knows its done loading.

I could set "locked slots" to something like "10" which would avoid the warning for all of #1 and probably all of #2 as well. Maybe that's enough. Assuming there's no "overloaded cargo" warning I'd hit.

Is there a reason why "disable warnings" doesn't disable that particular warning?

Update: I actually have another station that'll likely be even worse affected. It advertises "burner inserters" but actually fills the train with whatever inventory is left over from a build. The train takes it all to a "recycling center" (requesting burner inserters) that unloads everything and deals with the junk. I don't think there's any way for me to avoid the warning message in this case.

-- Brian

(BTW, it's the "mine" blueprint here: https://factorioprints.com/view/-MNZWdWosuqr3vtaC2hD)

bcwhite
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Can't Avoid "With Missing Cargo" Messages

Post by bcwhite »

Would you be willing to make this warning disable-able via the "no warnings" option in the station config?

Same for arriving with "unrequested cargo". Sometimes it's intentional.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”