[Request] Empty before leaving depot

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

Squish8294
Inserter
Inserter

[Request] Empty before leaving depot

Post by Squish8294 »

So this is a pretty simple (I think) request - can you add departure requirements to depots for empty cargo inventory, and make it an option?

jokerwm
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [Request] Empty before leaving depot

Post by jokerwm »

Question for all:
Have a situation (ordinary i think :))) when i have a burrell train goes to depot NOT empty (for some reason).
So, i cant solve it to transport liquids or gases to flush system.. The problem is that all flare is burning materials only for 100 (so if it have quantity 1-99 of oil, sulfuric acid or something else - it is not work and cant burn another one!) So stucks all of them, no matter how many burners you have.
I dont get it how to build the system to burn it, and not to stack the system because fluids cant mix, need help!

azesmbog
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by azesmbog »

But I really need the option to exit the train from the depot only with FULLY refueling fuel !!!
This is my biggest headache. Then we have to stall a train stuck without fuel for two days stomping off-road and swearing at the same time, since all subsequent movement stopped because of it.
Now I have set +30 seconds to wait additionally, but this does not always work :)

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

You can set wait till inactivity > 5 seconds or smth.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

5s is the default depot inactivity for that very reason.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

The fail is IMHO, that a train comes into depot with some rests on it. If you take the loaded-stuff-output of the LTN-stop at the depot you can feed it into an alarm. And with a latch you can turn the signal after the stop to red to prevent the train from leaving. Then you have time enough to empty that train by hand and go back to a save where you see, when this train was wrongly loaded/unloaded (loading is it most times).

It would be nice if there would be a signal to prevent depot stations from assigning new routes, so that I can read where that train has been un-/loaded or someone can handle situations like the above.

As it would be nice to have a signal for the loading stations to leave now, e.g. because the requested items are not longer present (construction bots/player has taken it) or for the input stations to prevent a timeout because unloading takes too long, because feeding oil directly into refineries without buffer.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

LTNT and LTNM both have warnings for loading wrong cargo and left overs when arriving at depot.

With a single decider Depots can be toggled off when trains with cargo arrive: viewtopic.php?f=214&t=51073&p=297643&hi ... ot#p297643

Activate "Schedule circuit conditions", then you can force trains out of any station by sending a green signal and lock them indefinitely by sending red.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Optera wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:47 pm
Activate "Schedule circuit conditions", then you can force trains out of any station by sending a green signal and lock them indefinitely by sending red.
Hm. I feel guilty. I remember reading the description and misinterpreted it in a way that I need every of the 200 stations handling start/stop itself. :lol:

It’s much too late, when the train arrives at the depot. Stoping it here is just to prevent harmful things. I remember one case where a forgotten wire took me all in all about 40 hours to find, because it was so difficult to find a save where I could replay the fail situation.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Logistic Train Network”