Possible bug - Schedules not resetting at Depot if train cannot empty [LTN1.13.9]

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

Elenos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Possible bug - Schedules not resetting at Depot if train cannot empty [LTN1.13.9]

Post by Elenos »

What did you do?
Simple network to grab copper/iron ore to bring to a location.
Network setup according to: https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... _ltn_user/
Stations stamped down by blueprint.
Set constant combinator to requset threshold 16k with the item requested set to -24k

What happened?
The network ran fine for a bit. I stamped down another station and this too ran fine.
The station is designed such that not all chests empty equally hence the low item request numbers.
The train came in and tried to unload and timed out.
The train went back to the depot where the cargo was dumped out into active provider chests.
Once the train was empty, had refueled, and the 5s inactivity expired, the train set off to complete the same schedule again.
This happened on three different trains, with different schedules.

What did you expect to happen instead? It might be obvious to you, but do it anyway!
I expected the schedule to reset once the train had returned to the depot, regardless of its contents.

Write down the steps to reproduce the bug if you know them.
Does it happen always, once, or sometimes?
Be precise! When i click with the mouse on Quit in the main menu... Not: When I close the game.

Tricky one as I was AFK while the stacks of material were building up in the station.
I deliberately overfilled the capacity of the station and let the train timeout. The schedule reset at the depot as expected.
I started logging just before one of the iron-ore trains bugged out in this way. You can see this start at 44757.206 in the attached log.
I eventually sent it back to depot manually and deleted the other stops from its schedule, the same with the plastic train shortly after.
Attachments
log.txt
factorio-current.log
(48.89 KiB) Downloaded 76 times

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Possible bug - Schedules not resetting at Depot if train cannot empty [LTN1.13.9]

Post by Optera »

Elenos wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:13 pm

Once the train was empty, had refueled, and the 5s inactivity expired, the train set off to complete the same schedule again.
This happened on three different trains, with different schedules.

I expected the schedule to reset once the train had returned to the depot, regardless of its contents.
Arriving at Depots always clears schedules. If that doesn't happen LTN doesn't consider the stop a depot.
Check "Stop is Depot" being sent to the lamp.

LTN handles oldest requests first. In a network without trains waiting at depots, it's very likely a train returning from failed delivery will get the same delivery assigned again.

In the log you provided no stations had open requests, so no deliveries where created.

Elenos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Possible bug - Schedules not resetting at Depot if train cannot empty [LTN1.13.9]

Post by Elenos »

You made me go back and check my depot and rightly so. One red wire missing meant a stop was called LTN Depot but wasn't receiving the depot signal.

Not a bug :D

Return to “Logistic Train Network”