How can I switch fuel types at depots through my circuit network?

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

Bushdoctor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

How can I switch fuel types at depots through my circuit network?

Post by Bushdoctor »

Good day,

I've got stations at my LTN depots that request fuel for my trains. I would like to be able to control/switch the requested fuel type 'from a distance', through my circuit network. How do I do this?

Thank you.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: How can I switch fuel types at depots through my circuit network?

Post by steinio »

That's no Ltn problem at first.

Either you build a circuit network over your whole train network to transmit the fuel signal from a central constant combinator or you use one of several wireless circuit signal transmitters.

Can't recommend you one specific as I have not tested one yet.

Cu, steinio.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Bushdoctor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bushdoctor »

Yes, you are correct, this is not an LTN specific question, but I started searching for LTN depots and fuel and I figured this might be a good section.

Indeed, what I would like is a central combinator (at my HQ) where I can set the type of fuel that my depots should request. The problem is that I don't know how to do that and so I'm hoping for some smart people to tell me exactly how. As in: Which combinators to use, how to connect them and what settings to make.

Thank you for your reply.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Inserters can't remove fuel from vehicles, switching to a different fuel always requires manual interaction.

Bushdoctor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bushdoctor »

Optera wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:44 am
Inserters can't remove fuel from vehicles, switching to a different fuel always requires manual interaction.
Unfortunately that's very true. :) However, with my setup that will not really be necessary. Once the old type runs out, the trains will simply start using the new one.

At my fuel-stations, I've tried requesting the letter A instead of a certain fuel type. Then at my HQ I tried to designate a certain type of fuel to that letter A, but I couldn't get that to work. Probably because I don't really know what I'm doing with those combinators, but I do have a feeling I'm on the right path with what I was trying to do...

I guess this will get more views in the general section, so I'll copy my question there.
Thanks for the replies though!

Return to “Logistic Train Network”