Feature: Flag to disable a depot

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

TheTom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Feature: Flag to disable a depot

Post by TheTom »

Seems there is no one. I cam not talking about removing the Depot-Flag (because that one is used by LTN Manager I think to acutally identify a depot) but a separate "stop" flag that stops that depot being used.

Use case: Tempoarily disable a depot so that the trains there are not used, mostly because that allows one to take a depot out of circualtion to upgrade all the trains in it.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Feature: Flag to disable a depot

Post by Optera »

Removing the depot flag is the correct way to do it.

TheTom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheTom »

Optera, this has SERIOUS side effects now that LTN Manager is in.

LTN Manager uses this flag to show which stop is a depot.

A temporary disable flag would mean that you could see (and possibly toggle) this from the Station view in LTN Manager.

Disabling the Depot flag means that LTN Manager has no way to see that those stops are or belong to a named depot.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

How about disabling the station the vanilla way at all?

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

TheTom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheTom »

That would mean that the station is also not able to get trains. I need it to be "active" so that trains on the run return to it (so I can take them out for upgrading), but do NOT get new work from that station. Given that I play with bob's mods - I have regularly quite some updates to do (at least on some trains) for changing their equipment grid. If I disable a station, it is not used as target anymore for returning trains. This is fundamentally different.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

TheTom wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:27 pm
Disabling the Depot flag means that LTN Manager has no way to see that those stops are or belong to a named depot.
That's how removing depot flags worked with LTN Tracker in 0.17 as well.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Then remove the rail at the station exit. You overcomplicate stuff just for a quick task like exchange locos or wagons.

Changing trains change them to manual and needs them to be set to auto again so the scheduler will not see them anyway.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

TokMor
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TokMor »

When it is time to upgrade the trains (since you really only ever have to do it twice per game), I just turn off LTN dispatching via the map setting, wait for all the trains to go home to the depot, upgrade them all, and then turn dispatching back on. Maybe that will help you.

TheTom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheTom »

TokMor wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:04 pm
When it is time to upgrade the trains (since you really only ever have to do it twice per game), I just turn off LTN dispatching via the map setting, wait for all the trains to go home to the depot, upgrade them all, and then turn dispatching back on. Maybe that will help you.
An, not twice. See, my trains have grids ;) And Shields. And power generators. At least some.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”