Overfilled LTN receiver behaves as provider?

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Overfilled LTN receiver behaves as provider?

Post by zOldBulldog »

An accidentally disconnected wire caused a requester stop to overfill (since it was only counting the chests for one wagon) and after fixing it I noticed a very strange behavior:

- The requested stop started calling trains as if it was a provider (which of course never loaded since the inserters go the other way and would just time out).
- The station is configured with Iron Plate = -64k, Request Threshold = 32k.
- At the time of this event the chests Iron Plate content was about 160k.

I assume that once -64k+content goes negative again the strange behavior will self-fix itself. Just to be safe I disconnected the wire that goes to the LTN stop lamp and will reconnect it after the chests have drained.

But I am curious. Is this the normal intended behavior? Shouldn't the presence of a Request Threshold in the configuration cause the stop to not even consider acting as a provider?

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Overfilled LTN receiver behaves as provider?

Post by eduran »

Request and provide threshold are accounted for separately to allow mixed Provider/Requester stops. Set your Provide threshold to 1M or something like that for pure Requesters. There is also a mod setting for default thresholds. I tend to set both default provide and request thresholds to a few million. That way you have to set a threshold signal for each stop, but you can't have accidents like the one you described.

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

eduran wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:27 pm
Request and provide threshold are accounted for separately to allow mixed Provider/Requester stops. Set your Provide threshold to 1M or something like that for pure Requesters. There is also a mod setting for default thresholds. I tend to set both default provide and request thresholds to a few million. That way you have to set a threshold signal for each stop, but you can't have accidents like the one you described.
Makes sense, and thanks for the advice.

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

Another way you can fix it is to filter what you send to the stop: at a pure provider, send just the inventory using "each > 0 output each" (usually not a problem, but an error in wiring something nearby could cause a provider to turn into a requester). At a pure requester, send just the request by sending "each < 0 output each" after you've added the inventory to the request. The one mildly annoying thing about this way of doing it is that at a requester station, you have to set the config in a separate combinator from the request.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”