Trains think receiver station is supplier

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

Xeizzen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Trains think receiver station is supplier

Post by Xeizzen »

While testing my base layout I decided to test yet another cells setup with LTN stations in it, and I designed them in a way that in the north part of the cell will be resource receiving station, while on south is the supplying station.

On my way to test this setup I sent the dummy payload on the receiver station and to my surprise trains started to come over thinking that this station could supply them with something.

The station is designed in the way that it reduces the amount of trains it receives as well as it has encoded network id, and also monitors what's inside the containers.

The save file can be downloaded from here (I cannot attach them to the message for some reason): https://www.dropbox.com/s/2xyy2vuj5keom ... r.zip?dl=1

And as well as screenshot is provided:

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Trains think receiver station is supplier

Post by eduran »

LTN does not know about your station layout. It has to work with whatever signals you wire into the input. If you supply a positive item signal, LTN will assume this item is being provided. To avoid this, you have to set a provide threshold that is higher than any item signal could possibly be (I usually use a few million).
Alternatively, you can change the default provide threshold (a runtime mod setting). If you do that, you will have to set a provide threshold for your provider stations.

Xeizzen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Xeizzen »

Yes that makes sense.
And yes, actually there is a greater value of fish than it's demand.
Thank you, I should've thought about that :D

brokenshakles
Inserter
Inserter

Post by brokenshakles »

You can also use an arithmetic combinator set to Each + 0 / Each as a signal diode/ one-way to keep irrelevant signals out, in fact, this is recommended, as sending unnecessary signals into a LTN station can eventually cause game performance problems with enough stations. Remeber, with LTN, use a green wire with a diode combinator for station inputs and the red wire for outputs. Excepting of course the station output that can only go out via green wire.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

brokenshakles wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:47 pm
You can also use an arithmetic combinator set to Each + 0 / Each as a signal diode/ one-way to keep irrelevant signals out, in fact, this is recommended, as sending unnecessary signals into a LTN station can eventually cause game performance problems with enough stations. Remeber, with LTN, use a green wire with a diode combinator for station inputs and the red wire for outputs. Excepting of course the station output that can only go out via green wire.
There's two ways to build a diode:
arithmetic: each + 0 = each
decider: each != 0 : each = input count
I have no idea which of those two is faster. Generally I use the arithmetic since it's one click less to set it up.

There is no difference between using green or red, just remember that using both doubles every signal.

jitterbugzero
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Troubleshooting help: trains think requestors are pickup stops

Post by jitterbugzero »

Not sure if this is a bug, or I don't get how to set up the stops. This doesn't happen every time, but for some products trains will try to pick up cargo at requestor stops. I attached a screen of what my requestors look like (steel chests wired to pole, then constant combinator, then light of stop).
Screen Shot 2019-04-27 at 5.29.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-27 at 5.29.24 PM.png (944.24 KiB) Viewed 3398 times
A train will be triggered properly, then go from the depot to two "in" stops, never picking up a single thing. It mostly happens with red circuits, which happen to run low often. Not sure that's related. I know I need to expand production of red circuits but I want to sort out this problem properly.

Game is latest 0.17, mod is 1.10.8.
Appreciate any help!

csduff
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by csduff »

So, it sounds like setting an excessive provide threshold is the only/best way to prevent becoming an accidental provider. Is that what is being said? I have tried to get into the habit of putting a provide threshold of 10,000 stacks, which should be more that any station of mine ever has.

This is a bit of an issue, to me, because if I look at my attached combinator and see that there is a provide threshold, my mind is going to immediately think that it is a provider stop, regardless of the value.

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DaleStan »

csduff wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 8:02 pm
This is a bit of an issue, to me, because if I look at my attached combinator and see that there is a provide threshold, my mind is going to immediately think that it is a provider stop, regardless of the value.
You can fix this problem by setting the default provide threshold to 100,000,000, or by using LTN combinator instead of the vanilla constant combinators.

csduff
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by csduff »

DaleStan wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 2:45 am
You can fix this problem by setting the default provide threshold to 100,000,000, or by using LTN combinator instead of the vanilla constant combinators.
Yeah. I guess that would fix the problem of the visual nuisance. And I'm pretty good for specifying a threshold for my stations.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”