[0.16 / 0.17] LTN Tracker - a GUI for LTN

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.16 / 0.17] LTN Tracker - a GUI for LTN

Post by eduran »

How would you like to have them sorted or how should the inventory ideally look? So far I've been unable to come up with a solution that solves the issue.

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

I've overhauled most of the GUI code. It is now a lot easier for me to add additional functionality and the layout is more in line with 0.17 optics. It's not ready for release, yet, but close enough to be usable. I don't want to release it "officially" until I have time for lots of testing.
For adventurous LTNers, a beta version is available. Make sure to disable LTNT, having both the regular and beta versions running at the same time is not a good idea. Also, expect bugs :oops:
Attachments
Real tabs! Sortable tables! Hooray for 0.17 features.
Real tabs! Sortable tables! Hooray for 0.17 features.
tabs.JPG (46.17 KiB) Viewed 4776 times
Never miss alerts (can be disabled via mod settings).
Never miss alerts (can be disabled via mod settings).
alert_popup.JPG (12.68 KiB) Viewed 4776 times

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

Inventory filtering is now part of the beta version. You can deselect each individual category. Mods adding their own item groups should work until the UI runs out of space. The individual sub-frames are collapsible (not all that useful, just showing off). Items are sorted in the order they appear in the crafting menu. Hopefully that will make this tab more usable in heavily modded games.

Edit: Instead of showing all items, it is now possible to only show currently and recently provided items. Time until those items are hidden can be customized. Still need to find a workable solution for modded games with more than three additional item categories.
item_fade.jpg
item_fade.jpg (59.81 KiB) Viewed 4750 times

dadoxLP
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by dadoxLP »

after the update today i have this error
Attachments
07-05-_2019_12-10-05.jpg
07-05-_2019_12-10-05.jpg (159.43 KiB) Viewed 4735 times

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

dadoxLP wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 10:11 am
after the update today i have this error
Never tested the on_configuration_changed part :oops: 0.1.3 should fix that error.
dont.jpg
dont.jpg (5.16 KiB) Viewed 4719 times
Don't run both the stable and beta version of LTNT at the same time. Only use one of them, and only use the beta if seeing new features is more important for you than stability (or if you want to help me bug-test :D ).

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

Probably added a bunch of bugs and issues with the newest version with this graph. Totally worth it :D
graph.JPG
graph.JPG (41.94 KiB) Viewed 4698 times

boran_blok
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by boran_blok »

Damn, this will turn LTN tracker into a must have for my next .17 game I am currently on .16 in my seablock run and I find it immensely useful over there as well.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Must have, me too.

But with SeaBlock and some extra Bobs/Angels mods there are a lot of extra categories. You said only 3 more will fit. What happens then? Will the filter just not be able to show them all or crash the mod? Can't the window be wider or use multiple lines for categories?

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

mrvn wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 9:14 am
But with SeaBlock and some extra Bobs/Angels mods there are a lot of extra categories. You said only 3 more will fit. What happens then? Will the filter just not be able to show them all or crash the mod? Can't the window be wider or use multiple lines for categories?
The code handling categories will find them all and add filter buttons for each one. It won't crash, but will push buttons further to the right than is intended. That is just temporary, I will come up with a way to show more filter buttons (probably by adding another row, if needed).

HSquishy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by HSquishy »

Hiya,

I recently updated to the new version and within 5 mins i have the following error appear :

Many Thanks HS

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

New beta feature: When selecting a train or LTN stop an info window is shown (the vanilla GUI is also there). Rather basic at the moment, still trying to figure out if this is useful or not. Feedback on this and what would be useful to display in or control through this window is appreciated.
depot_not_assigned.JPG
depot_not_assigned.JPG (37.88 KiB) Viewed 4632 times
on_delivery.JPG
on_delivery.JPG (28.57 KiB) Viewed 4632 times
station_info.JPG
station_info.JPG (45.04 KiB) Viewed 4632 times
HSquishy wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 9:03 am
I recently updated to the new version and within 5 mins i have the following error appear :
0.1.5 introduced a bug that essentially rolls a dice every 30 seconds and gives you a 1:1800 chance for this error :oops: I managed to play for around two hours without running into it, but you were apparently not as lucky. Fixed in 0.1.6.
mrvn wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 9:14 am
Can't the window be wider or use multiple lines for categories?
Multiple lines for category filters are implemented now.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Please add alerts for trains with items/fluid in depot

Post by mrvn »

When a train has left over items when arriving in the depot nothing happens. But on the next delivery you get an alerts that it was loaded wrong. It would be better to warn about the train not being empty at the depot.

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

mrvn wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 9:25 am
When a train has left over items when arriving in the depot nothing happens. But on the next delivery you get an alerts that it was loaded wrong. It would be better to warn about the train not being empty at the depot.
Trains are not checked on arrival at the depot, but when leaving the requester. If the train is not empty at this point, an alert is triggered. If your train manages to pick up items on its way from requester to depot or if you assign a non-empty train to an LTN depot, that will indeed not be noticed by LTNT.

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

After a work-related break development of 1.0 is continuing. Pace will still be slow-ish for a while. 0.1.6 is now ready and ships with a brand new tab:
stats_1.JPG
stats_1.JPG (86.98 KiB) Viewed 4548 times
Apparently, my CPU production requires an upgrade and I will probably need more copper mines shortly. At least LDS is trending upwards.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

In the Inventory (and now Statistics) would it be possible to have a toggle to cancel out the provider/requester limit?

For example the inventory shows I have 20k iron ore. But that is spread out over 4 stations, each 5k each. With the provider limit being 8k none of the station actually provides any iron ore. Similar a station requests 6k iron ore but since the request limit is 8k it doesn't actually want any ore yet. I would like to only see the over producing and under provided.

Also in the Statistics screenshot I don't see any items in transit. Shouldn't there be a band of yellow in the middle for that? Half the amount shown positive and half negative maybe.

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

mrvn wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 5:38 pm
In the Inventory (and now Statistics) would it be possible to have a toggle to cancel out the provider/requester limit?

For example the inventory shows I have 20k iron ore. But that is spread out over 4 stations, each 5k each. With the provider limit being 8k none of the station actually provides any iron ore. Similar a station requests 6k iron ore but since the request limit is 8k it doesn't actually want any ore yet. I would like to only see the over producing and under provided.
That is already the case. Item signals below the request / provide thresholds are not counted for either the inventory or the statistics graph.
mrvn wrote:
Also in the Statistics screenshot I don't see any items in transit. Shouldn't there be a band of yellow in the middle for that? Half the amount shown positive and half negative maybe.
The stats tab is pushing the boundaries of what is possible with modded GUI elements pretty hard. Each graph is made from about 100 individual elements and keeping them updated is not an easy task. Most modded UIs have a few dozen in total. That is also the reason why the shortest time frame is one hour. I am reluctant to add more moving parts.
If we ever get access to the built-in graph elements I plan to create something that looks similar to the production statistics and include items in transit. Until than, I won't add additional complexity.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

eduran wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 6:34 pm
mrvn wrote:

That is already the case. Item signals below the request / provide thresholds are not counted for either the inventory or the statistics graph.
Ok, that partly already does what I want. Just didn't see it with the number of items in the inventory.

So let me rephrase the request to what I think is still missing. I want to see just how much over production or under provision is there. A station providing 12k iron plates with a provider limit of 8k has a surplus of 4k. I want to see just the 4k, not the whole 12k. The 8k provider limit are necessary for deliveries to function while the extra 4k tell me how much ahead of production for the next deliver I am.

It might also be helpful to calculate the amounts in multiples of the provider/requester limit. Ideal I would like it in multiples of trains. But there is no way to figure out how many cargo/fluid wagons a station will get. The min/max train size includes the locomotives so it doesn't tell what cargo capacity the train will have. That way a station providing 12k iron plates for 1 cargo wagon trains (8k limit) would count as 1.5 (or 0.5 as surplus) and a station providing 32k iron ore for 4 cargo wagon trains (16k limit) would count as 2 (or 1 as surplus). Would make the numbers easier to compare.

Does that makes sense?

ziggynlp
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ziggynlp »

Hi,
after clicking on Station tab this error occurred.
I don't have any station with default network ID, all the station are either in ID=1 or ID=2, maybe this error have something to do with it. If there is any way i can help you, fell free to ask ;)

Edit: Installing LTN-Combinator Mod solved this issue.

Version: 0.1.9

Code: Select all

The mod LTN Tracker 1.0 - beta test caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event LTN_Tracker_beta::on_gui_click (ID 1)
The mod LTN Tracker 1.0 - beta test caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event LTN_Tracker_beta::Custom event (ID 160)
Unknown sprite "item/ltn-combinator"
stack traceback:
	__LTN_Tracker_beta__/gui/station_tab.lua:88: in function '?'
	__GUI_Modules__/modules/sortable_table.lua:109: in function 'sort_rows'
	__LTN_Tracker_beta__/gui/station_tab.lua:228: in function 'update'
	__LTN_Tracker_beta__/gui/main_window.lua:116: in function <__LTN_Tracker_beta__/gui/main_window.lua:104>
	[C]: in function 'raise_event'
	__GUI_Modules__/modules/tabbed_pane.lua:36: in function '?'
	__GUI_Modules__/manager.lua:20: in function <__GUI_Modules__/manager.lua:12>
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'add'
	__LTN_Tracker_beta__/gui/station_tab.lua:88: in function '?'
	__GUI_Modules__/modules/sortable_table.lua:109: in function 'sort_rows'
	__LTN_Tracker_beta__/gui/station_tab.lua:228: in function 'update'
	__LTN_Tracker_beta__/gui/main_window.lua:116: in function <__LTN_Tracker_beta__/gui/main_window.lua:104>
stack traceback:
stack traceback:

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

Will be fixed in 0.1.10. I thought I had uploaded it yesterday, but apparently messed up. I will try again when I am home :oops:

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

mrvn wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 9:31 am
So let me rephrase the request to what I think is still missing. I want to see just how much over production or under provision is there. A station providing 12k iron plates with a provider limit of 8k has a surplus of 4k. I want to see just the 4k, not the whole 12k. The 8k provider limit are necessary for deliveries to function while the extra 4k tell me how much ahead of production for the next deliver I am.

It might also be helpful to calculate the amounts in multiples of the provider/requester limit. Ideal I would like it in multiples of trains. But there is no way to figure out how many cargo/fluid wagons a station will get. The min/max train size includes the locomotives so it doesn't tell what cargo capacity the train will have. That way a station providing 12k iron plates for 1 cargo wagon trains (8k limit) would count as 1.5 (or 0.5 as surplus) and a station providing 32k iron ore for 4 cargo wagon trains (16k limit) would count as 2 (or 1 as surplus). Would make the numbers easier to compare.

Does that makes sense?
It does. I will look into subtracting thresholds from inventory as an option. Your other suggestion would only work for individual stations, not the total inventory (because different stations can have different thresholds). That would result in different numbers for the same item, depending on where you look at it.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”