[0.16 / 0.17] LTN Tracker - a GUI for LTN

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

cygnos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.16 / 0.17] LTN Tracker - a GUI for LTN

Post by cygnos »

eduran wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:41 am
Not a fan of another button, the UI is already rather cluttered. I will check if it is possible to open the station GUI and zoom in on its position.
I don't know if its possible but perhaps it can be added to normal station gui?
That way it doesn't really affect other stuff in ltn tracker but would work nice along side it.

map.png
map.png (331.31 KiB) Viewed 4072 times

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

Modifying the vanilla GUI is not possible. But the next update will have a new per-player mod setting that allows you to choose what happens when clicking a station name: zoom to station, open station UI or both. Already did some testing and would not want to miss it. Thanks for suggesting it!

I've attached 0.10.3 to this post, in case anyone wants to get an early view. I did not get to test it thoroughly enough, so not uploading to the mod portal today.
Removed because 0.10.4 is available via mod portal.
Last edited by eduran on Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cygnos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by cygnos »

Oh this is even better, looks very good. Nice work!

The mod settings are mixed up. 'Zoom to station' will open the station UI and the other way around.
The alerts tab seems to ignore it completely and just open the station UI.

Dune
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dune »

Hi,

Still getting the error for clicking alerts and crashing the game. I've the latest LTN Tracker update.

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

Dune wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:08 am
Still getting the error for clicking alerts and crashing the game. I've the latest LTN Tracker update.
Try 0.10.4, that should finally get rid of problems caused by 0.10.0. If you still experience the crash I will probably need your save game to figure out what is happening.
cygnos wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:40 pm
Oh this is even better, looks very good. Nice work!

The mod settings are mixed up. 'Zoom to station' will open the station UI and the other way around.
The alerts tab seems to ignore it completely and just open the station UI.
Thanks for testing it, both issues are fixed in 0.10.4.

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.16 / 0.17] LTN Tracker

Post by eduran »

Gullyn wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:21 pm
Another issue I have is when the UI scale is set to Automatic (125%), the headings are offset as you can see below. It was confusing at first - until I set my UI scale to 100% and everything lined up.
Fixed in 0.17.29:
FactorioBot wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:29 pm
Bugfixes
  • Fixed that custom GUI style values specified directly on the elements weren't updated after UI scale change. (68007)

Unreal_2K7
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Unreal_2K7 »

Hello!

Thanks for the updates. I wanted to let you know about a slight issue i have when i set the LTNT window height at more than 600 pixel in height. Doing this causes the lower part of the window to become "click through" and it will also pass through the scrolling commands (will zoom in/out in the map instead of scrolling the LTNT UI).
I made a video to better let you see what happens. In the video i'm scrolling up and down while moving the cursor down in the window to show the point where the ui scrolling effect ends and the game zooming begins. The issue is not the scrolling per-se though, but the fact that once i'm in that part of the window i can no longer click on the station names. In the video i also try different windows heights. Sorry for the potato quality.
Currently i'm using UI scale at 125% (automatic). I tried to put it at 100% and the problem is somewhat less evident, but the LTNT ui becomes smaller. If i set the windows height at 1300 pixel for example (to have it fill the screen again) the problem reappears.
My screen resolution is 3440x1440 and the game is set to fullscreen.
Factorio version 0.17.31, LTNT version 0.10.5
ModList

Thanks for the help! :)

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

Very in-depth description, thank you! After some investigation it seems you found a vanilla bug (or limitation). I've submitted a bug report. Until Wube fixes that (or tells me they won't support frames of that size), there is nothing more I can do.

Unreal_2K7
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Unreal_2K7 »

You're welcome, thanks for taking a look eduran! :)

Mongokatten
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Mongokatten »

This is really beatiful, nice work!
Ran into a slight problem when opening the stations menu after a while, effectively rendering the mod unusable and crashing:

38.099 Error MainLoop.cpp:1166: Exception at tick 25380086: The mod LTN Tracker caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event LTN_Tracker::on_gui_click (ID 1)
__LTN_Tracker__/ui/station_tab.lua:225: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
__LTN_Tracker__/ui/station_tab.lua:225: in function <__LTN_Tracker__/ui/station_tab.lua:225>
[C]: in function 'sort'
__LTN_Tracker__/ui/station_tab.lua:251: in function 'get_stops'
__LTN_Tracker__/ui/station_tab.lua:281: in function 'update'
__LTN_Tracker__/script/gui_ctrl.lua:157: in function 'update_tab'
__LTN_Tracker__/script/gui_ctrl.lua:167: in function '?'
__LTN_Tracker__/script/gui_ctrl.lua:202: in function <__LTN_Tracker__/script/gui_ctrl.lua:188

A wild guess is that maybe it's because I deleted an LTN station that was in network 1 previously which it is now trying to sort.

Factorio 0.17.32
LTN_Tracker 0.10.5
LogisticTrainNetwork 1.10.7
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(22.37 KiB) Downloaded 76 times

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

Mongokatten wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:43 pm
A wild guess is that maybe it's because I deleted an LTN station that was in network 1 previously which it is now trying to sort.
Pretty accurate guess :) Filtered results are cached, so the filtering does not have to be re-done whenever the station tab updates. And I forgot to update the cache when stations were removed. Fixed in 0.10.6.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

The warning tab is pretty much useless for me as it list to many things.

I have stations that provide low throughput items, e.g. building material. For example I request 5 chemical plants and it send them. Problem with that is that the station has 6 filter inserter and I'm getting inserter bonuses. So requesting 5 chemical plants will easily load in 12. This is then listed as a warning. Similar I have a station supplying ores for red/green catalysts. 200 ore (one stack) go a long way but they are never loaded count perfect. Basically anything low throughput adds a warning for every single train making it impossible to see actual real errors.

I wonder if it wouldn't be possible to let such minor overloads go. There should be a threshold for letting things slide.

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

Overloaded trains should not trigger a warning at all, unless you add additional items that are not part of the planned shipment. Can you enable debug logging, let the game run for a moment (until at least one of those warnings pops up) and upload the log file here?

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Sorry, can't run the game from here at the moment. I brought a screenshot but forgot to attach it to my last message. Here it comes. Maybe that makes it clearer what I mean.
ltn-tracker-alerts.png
ltn-tracker-alerts.png (156.94 KiB) Viewed 3873 times

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

That screenshot shows alerts for trains which were supposed to carry 10 plate-stacks but were loaded with only 2. Either you found a bug that makes LTN switch planned and actual shipment, or your trains are underloaded.

Let's say you have a train supposed to ship 500x item A and 100x item B. Possible errors are:
- underload: A < 500 or B < 100
- incorret items: C > 0

Overload (A > 500 or B > 100) should NOT be an error, precisely due to the issue you described. I don't load my trains count-perfect either and never get any warnings for overloaded trains. If that happens to you, I need either a log file (debug logging enabled) or a save from which to reproduce the issue.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

eduran wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:09 am
That screenshot shows alerts for trains which were supposed to carry 10 plate-stacks but were loaded with only 2. Either you found a bug that makes LTN switch planned and actual shipment, or your trains are underloaded.

Let's say you have a train supposed to ship 500x item A and 100x item B. Possible errors are:
- underload: A < 500 or B < 100
- incorret items: C > 0

Overload (A > 500 or B > 100) should NOT be an error, precisely due to the issue you described. I don't load my trains count-perfect either and never get any warnings for overloaded trains. If that happens to you, I need either a log file (debug logging enabled) or a save from which to reproduce the issue.
Ok, that is more of a problem.

My guess is one of two things happened:

1) There where 20 items available and LTN send 2 trains to each pick up 10. The first one was overloaded with 18 items so the second only go the remaining 2 and waited till the loading time out.

2) Between the train being scheduled and getting loaded the Marketplace used up items so by the time the train arrived there weren't 10 items to load. It's a flaw of the Marketplace that it both provides items and uses them to build other stuff as well. Usually more resources should come in while the train loads but sometimes demand is too high to fill the lack in time.

Either case I don't care about. Is there an option to specify underloading as a lesser allert? Something to look at when bored but not something I have to check out right now? Maybe color code the alert button in the main window yellow for underloading and red for more serious errors?

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

If that happened in my base I would see it as an alert-worthy issue to be fixed. That said, there are lots of different play styles and ideally LTNT should work for most of them. A tiered alert system seems like quite a bit of work for something that most players won't run into. What I can implement is a mod setting that turns off treating that case as an alert. Would that be useful for you?

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

eduran wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:56 pm
If that happened in my base I would see it as an alert-worthy issue to be fixed. That said, there are lots of different play styles and ideally LTNT should work for most of them. A tiered alert system seems like quite a bit of work for something that most players won't run into. What I can implement is a mod setting that turns off treating that case as an alert. Would that be useful for you?
Totally. I would turn it off. Because underloading just means LTN sends a second train. Nothing really bad happens. Loading the wrong stuff though is a big problem. I want instant alerts for that.

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

0.10.7 will be out shortly with the new mod setting.

For anyone wondering about numbers missing from buttons and icons pretty much everywhere: that is a vanilla bug introduced in 0.17.33, there is nothing I can do about it until it is fixed by Wube. Fixed in 0.17.34

theblindironman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by theblindironman »

Is there a way to sort the provided items inventory? Playing pyMod and I have 80+ items in the inventory and my eyesight is not that good for spotting different icons.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”