[0.16 / 0.17] LTN Tracker - a GUI for LTN

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] LTN Tracker

Post by eduran »

Mmmmmmorten wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:04 am
Still new to LTN and the Tracker, but now that Optera has me onto segregated Network ID's I suddenly feel something missing in the Tracker GUI.
Is it possible to have a pull-down list for Network ID instead of input box? You should be able to poll my active Network ID's used in LTN and populate them in a list with "Show all" (currently -1) on top? If Optera at one point lets us name our Network ID's the list would make even more sense... But with all this 32 bit stuff used - that is way outside my scope of knowledge, I have no idea if this is even possible?
I see two issues with this.
  1. Someone could have a lot of network IDs and the drop-down list would become very long and unhelpful.
  2. You might want to select network IDs that are not directly assigned to any station: Say you have stops in networks 1, 2 and 4. Selecting 3 as ID would show you stops from both network 1 and 2, but not 4. So the drop-down menu would have to include any possible combination of existing network IDs.

boran_blok
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.16 / 0.17] LTN Tracker

Post by boran_blok »

The most easy way for the end user to solve this would be 32 checkboxes, but the most simple way from dev perspective would be a number entry box so one can enter 3, 11, 256, etc.

Mmmmmmorten
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mmmmmmorten »

Right and I was expecting your issues with my wish too, and you would be right I guess.

And I totally see that being able to use the feature in LTN to combine two networks since they are the same binary sum (right?) will be useful, and at some point even necessary for smooth LTN running...

Right now I just find it confusing and difficult...

I will just have to find myself a binary table and start assigning Network ID's. Have to be careful or you might join ID's that you did not intend to join...

But I totally see you point in the problems with a pull down when your active networks are more then the list you have assigned...

/old dude
:geek:
Reminiscing about the good old days in school - when 1+1 was equal too 2

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

boran_blok wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:34 am
The most easy way for the end user to solve this would be 32 checkboxes, but the most simple way from dev perspective would be a number entry box so one can enter 3, 11, 256, etc.
A table with checkboxes is doable, but not easy to implement and integrate into the UI. Also, I am worried that a mixture of numeric network IDs (in history, station and depot tab) and that kind of interface makes things even more confusing.
Mmmmmmorten wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:23 am
Right now I just find it confusing and difficult...

I will just have to find myself a binary table and start assigning Network ID's. Have to be careful or you might join ID's that you did not intend to join...
You are certainly not the only one with that problem. There is even a stickied thread about network IDs. I found viewtopic.php?f=214&t=60334#p363405 and
viewtopic.php?f=214&t=60334#p373964 to be solid explainers.

Mmmmmmorten
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mmmmmmorten »

Again just tossing in my 10 cents promoting the LTN tracker ;)

Right now I'm in the process of building 4800 SPPM base and that unfortunately is all it is..

Days upon days with building, building, building...

... building new ore sites and smelters (everywhere it feels like), green circuit plant, red & blue plant, steel production facility, more depots, power plants, oil refinery, plastic production etc.

Not even started on a single science pack production yet - that is still far off... So why the ramble about building in LTN Tracker forum...

Because the tracker has a really nice visual view of my building progress.. I do try to test my builds when they are done (before I shut them down again) and I can actually use Tracker to see my progress..
LTN Tracker Inventory.jpg
LTN Tracker Inventory.jpg (30.89 KiB) Viewed 4665 times
My Tracker inventory that I use as a progress bar and build check-list

Thanks LTN Tracker ;)

/old dude
:geek:

Gullyn
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Gullyn »

I'd like to make another suggestion:

I really like the "Provided Items" list under the Inventory tab. It's a great overview to the availability of items in my base. However, when an item becomes unavailable (by being below the provide threshold), it simply disappears. When the list of available items suddenly gets shorter, I'm often left wondering what is no longer available.

I was thinking if all available items were cached, then when they are longer available, they could be still shown - but grayed out. They would only stay visible and grayed out for a configurable period of time before completely disappearing. An alternative could be to have a list of "Unavailable Items" below "Provided Items" to make a clear differentiation - they would also disappear after a configurable amount of time.

Once again, thank you for your effort on this mod!

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

The alert tab has been re-designed for version 0.10.0:
  • Stations with error states are no longer displayed on alert tab. Instead, they have been moved to the station tab.
  • Train alert descriptions improved.
  • Made provider and requester station names clickable.
  • In case of incorrectly loaded trains, planned shipment and actual cargo are displayed.
  • In case of leftover items after the delivery finishes, planned shipment and leftover items are displayed.
  • Added a clear all button to clear all alerts with a single click.
new_alert_tab.JPG
new_alert_tab.JPG (170.83 KiB) Viewed 4619 times
Gullyn wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:43 am
I really like the "Provided Items" list under the Inventory tab. It's a great overview to the availability of items in my base. However, when an item becomes unavailable (by being below the provide threshold), it simply disappears. When the list of available items suddenly gets shorter, I'm often left wondering what is no longer available.

I was thinking if all available items were cached, then when they are longer available, they could be still shown - but grayed out. They would only stay visible and grayed out for a configurable period of time before completely disappearing. An alternative could be to have a list of "Unavailable Items" below "Provided Items" to make a clear differentiation - they would also disappear after a configurable amount of time.
Good idea, I will look into it.

Edit: My GitHub account has been flagged for posting too many links to the Factorio forum. Until their support sorts this out, the LTN-Tracker repository is not available.

cygnos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.16 / 0.17] LTN Tracker - a GUI for LTN

Post by cygnos »

After updating to 0.10.0 I crash the moment I click the 'alerts' tab. This is on 0.17.24.

Code: Select all

Error while running event LTN_Tracker::on_gui_click (ID 1)
__LTN_Tracker__/ui/alert_tab.lua:70: attempt to index local 'delivery' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	__LTN_Tracker__/ui/alert_tab.lua:70: in function 'build_route_labels'
	__LTN_Tracker__/ui/alert_tab.lua:141: in function 'update'
	__LTN_Tracker__/script/gui_ctrl.lua:153: in function 'update_tab'
	__LTN_Tracker__/script/gui_ctrl.lua:245: in function '?'
	__LTN_Tracker__/script/gui_ctrl.lua:194: in function <__LTN_Tracker__/script/gui_ctrl.lua:180

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

Thanks for your report. This is an issue where certain pre-existing alerts are not migrated properly to the new version. I will upload a fixed version soon.

Edit: Resolved in 0.10.1

Harag
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Harag »

Code: Select all

Error while running event LTN_Tracker::on_configuration_changed
__LTN_Tracker__/control.lua:164: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	__LTN_Tracker__/control.lua:164: in function <__LTN_Tracker__/control.lua:106>
The elseif on that line should be nested under if data.mod_changes[MOD_NAME] on line 130.

sidelia
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sidelia »

Using Factorio 0.17.24 and LTN Tracker 0.10.1 I get a crash on attempting to load a game whenever any other mod is added to / removed from an existing game using LTN Tracker.

Dune
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dune »

Hi, couple things. The license says no commercial use, so this cannot be used while streaming? People do donate / subscribe to twitch streams.

Also, I'm getting a game crash when clicking Alerts in the latest patch. Here's the screenshot.

evilscoop
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by evilscoop »

Another report of the alert above, latest version etc etc

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Dune wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:15 am
Hi, couple things. The license says no commercial use, so this cannot be used while streaming? People do donate / subscribe to twitch streams.
As I recall Eduran copied my license from LTN.
No Commercial Use - You are not allowed to make money off my work. Showcasing the software through streaming or similar is exempt from this.
https://github.com/Yousei9/License/blob ... LICENSE.md

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

1.10.2 fixes errors reported above, this time hopefully without introducing new problems :oops:
Dune wrote:
The license says no commercial use, so this cannot be used while streaming? People do donate / subscribe to twitch streams.
What Optera just said applies, streaming is allowed. I changed the opening post to reflect this without having to click through to the license.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

boran_blok wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:34 am
Please do make that hexadecimal.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Optera wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:14 am
Dune wrote:
No Commercial Use - You are not allowed to make money off my work. Showcasing the software through streaming or similar is exempt from this.
Which makes me wonder: Say I host a factorio server for money would that prevent me to run games with LTN mod added?

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

mrvn wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:27 am
Optera wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:14 am
Dune wrote:
Which makes me wonder: Say I host a factorio server for money would that prevent me to run games with LTN mod added?
Yes.

cygnos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by cygnos »

Would it also be possible to make the delivery history station name clickable?

Also is there any way to actually go to a station once you click it?
A neat feature would be an icon on the station gui like the one a train has. Clicking it would trigger open_map and you could zoom in on the actual station.

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

cygnos wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:19 am
Would it also be possible to make the delivery history station name clickable?
On my to-do list.
cygnos wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:19 am
A neat feature would be an icon on the station gui like the one a train has. Clicking it would trigger open_map and you could zoom in on the actual station.
Not a fan of another button, the UI is already rather cluttered. I will check if it is possible to open the station GUI and zoom in on its position.
mrvn wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:22 am
Please do make that hexadecimal.
Network ID is already one of the main sources of confusion with LTN. If LTNT has network ID in hexadecimal while constant combinators still take decimal numbers, 90% of players will be lost. Maybe as a mod-setting that is off by default.

My GitHub account has been unflagged and an issue summarizing my thoughts on various suggestions can be found here: https://github.com/eduran84/LTN_Tracker/issues/22

Return to “Logistic Train Network”