[0.16 / 0.17] LTN Tracker - a GUI for LTN

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: LTN Crashing the map/trigger unknown

Post by Optera »

Code: Select all

__LTN_Tracker__/ltnt/data_processing.lua:454: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'real_amount' (a nil value)
Seems like an LTNT error to me.

merged into LTNT thread

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.16 / 0.17] LTN Tracker

Post by eduran »

It is indeed caused by LTNT and fixed in 0.9.6. Check your wiring, because LTN was under the impression your train was stopped at a provider (probably also the reason why it wasn't leaving). The bug happens when a train leaves a provider completely empty.

xadnem
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.10.4] Crash since latest update

Post by xadnem »

I'm sorry but I haven't determined what the reasoning behind the crash is.
First time it occurred, I was cutting/pasting parts of a working oil cracking base. To be more precise, I was changing the place of the input/output stations, while keeping the same name for these stations.

Second time it occured, I was done with the base and watching it work, but it's possible that some trains still had an order from before the rearrangement.

You can find a screenshot with the error message here: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... E8FAEA753/

If you need more information, I'm happy to provide whichever file you need.
And thank you for this (imo essential) mod!

Edit: I have since finished my cracking base, it seems to be working fine. I proceeded to work on another part of my base, making Sulfuric Acid. I waited to request items on any 3 of my input train stations until my base was finished. However, now that I finished it, and started requesting items, the error has turned up twice after roughly the same amount of time.

Edit: I think I found the error, it occurs when a train leaves at a provider station when empty. Same as one of the posts above me.

mckyle
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mckyle »

Is it just me or is everything broken on LTN ?
I am currently on 0.17.x which is 0.17.16 and it started with adressing all trains to a single station - massive heavy traffic and everything got stuck.
Just updated LTN then (i think it was 1-2 weeks "old") and now every station got deleted and nothing works anymore (obviously when no station is there, can´t even craft it because its gone from the menu)
Did I miss something ?

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.10.4] Crash since latest update

Post by eduran »

xadnem wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:39 pm
Edit: I think I found the error, it occurs when a train leaves at a provider station when empty. Same as one of the posts above me.
Are you using 0.9.6? That should have fixed the error. If it is still happening with that version, I am going to need factorio-current.log of the crash, with logging set to level 2 (full). Or a savegame that let's me reproduce the issue.
mckyle wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:28 pm
Is it just me or is everything broken on LTN ?
I am currently on 0.17.x which is 0.17.16 and it started with adressing all trains to a single station - massive heavy traffic and everything got stuck.
Just updated LTN then (i think it was 1-2 weeks "old") and now every station got deleted and nothing works anymore (obviously when no station is there, can´t even craft it because its gone from the menu)
Did I miss something ?
This is the LTNT thread and you are dealing with a LTN issue. Anyway, the latest version now requires an additional library mod and my guess is you did not install it. That leads to LTN being deactivated and all of your stops vanishing. Check the mod menu again and have a look at LTN's required mods.

xadnem
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by xadnem »

I have since updated to the latest version and can happily say that the problem no longer exists.

I had a save file that crashed after about a minute, so it was easy to test this.
Thank you for your time and thanks again for this mod!

Unreal_2K7
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Unreal_2K7 »

Hello!

First of all, thank you for the wonderful mod!
I am wondering what am i doing wrong because i don't see the requested amount shown in the first column in the Stations tab. I do correctly see the provided amounts for stations that do provide something.

I attached a demonstration image. In that example situation, i have a station with a -40k iron ore input signal. LTN-wise, it works correctly, requesting trains and receiving goods. On the tracker GUI though, i don't see the amount being requested.

Am i doing something wrong?
Thanks for your advice!
-Piero
Attachments
factorio_ltn.jpg
factorio_ltn.jpg (2.03 MiB) Viewed 5662 times

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Your request is already being delivered.
LTNT shows that in the column scheduled deliveries

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

To elaborate on what Optera said: You are requesting 40k and 16k are already on their way. That leaves 24k of iron ore still requested, which is less than the threshold of 30k. Therefore, the station is currently not requesting anything.

In general, requests are only visible if they can not be fulfilled.

Unreal_2K7
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Unreal_2K7 »

Ah ok thank you for your input. I didn't realize that the request showed up only if it was greater than the threshold, but it makes sense, otherwise it wouldn't be a request per-se. I get that it is also true for the opposite, if the provided amount is less than the threshold it wouldn't show.

Thanks!

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

The latest version adds experimantal support for LTN Combinator. If your station is connected to an LTN Combinator, you can select it directly through the station tab by clicking the combinator button.
ltnc.JPG
ltnc.JPG (227.95 KiB) Viewed 5624 times

Oaquasis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Oaquasis »

Hi,

First of all; Thanks for making this mod! It really makes our lives with LTN a lot better and LTN already boosted it by so much ;) .
In our multiplayer save (with a lot of mods: Bob's, Angels, LTN, Picker, etc.) we are getting the following error:
245.226 Error MainLoop.cpp:1142: Exception at tick 29598449: The mod LTN - Logistic Train Network caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event LogisticTrainNetwork::on_train_changed_state (ID 23)
The mod LTN Tracker caused a non-recoverable error.

Error while running event LTN_Tracker::Custom event (ID 239)
__LTN_Tracker__/ltnt/data_processing.lua:455: table index is nil
stack traceback:
__LTN_Tracker__/ltnt/data_processing.lua:455: in function <__LTN_Tracker__/ltnt/data_processing.lua:437>
stack traceback:
__LogisticTrainNetwork__/script/train-events.lua:151: in function 'TrainLeaves'
__LogisticTrainNetwork__/script/train-events.lua:192: in function <__LogisticTrainNetwork__/script/train-events.lua:186>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'raise_event'
__LogisticTrainNetwork__/script/train-events.lua:192: in function <__LogisticTrainNetwork__/script/train-events.lua:186
245.228 Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:92: MultiplayerManager failed: "The mod LTN - Logistic Train Network caused a non-recoverable error.

Error while running event LogisticTrainNetwork::on_train_changed_state (ID 23)
The mod LTN Tracker caused a non-recoverable error.

Error while running event LTN_Tracker::Custom event (ID 239)
__LTN_Tracker__/ltnt/data_processing.lua:455: table index is nil
stack traceback:
__LTN_Tracker__/ltnt/data_processing.lua:455: in function <__LTN_Tracker__/ltnt/data_processing.lua:437>
stack traceback:
__LogisticTrainNetwork__/script/train-events.lua:192: in function <__LogisticTrainNetwork__/script/train-events.lua:186>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'raise_event'
245.228 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:738: updateTick(29598449) changing state from(InGame) to(Failed)
245.228 Quitting: multiplayer error.
245.737 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:138: Quitting multiplayer connection.
245.737 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:738: updateTick(4294967295) changing state from(Failed) to(Closed)
245.740 Info UDPSocket.cpp:210: Closing socket
245.740 Info UDPSocket.cpp:240: Socket closed
245.740 Info UDPSocket.cpp:210: Closing socket
246.041 Info UDPSocket.cpp:210: Closing socket
246.041 Info UDPSocket.cpp:240: Socket closed
246.042 Goodbye
This happens almost instantly when we join the server and when a train is given an order.
I'm not quite sure where it comes from, it might be caused by a specific train?

I hope you can fix this or tell us what we have to do/are doing wrong. We have to play without LTN Tracker at the moment and not that out lives are depended of it but it isn't ideal :D .

If you need more information, just let me know. Thanks!

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

I need to know which version of LTNT you are using. Also, a save from which to reproduce the issue would be very helpful.

Oaquasis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Oaquasis »

Thanks for your reply!
It happens with the latest versions of LTN and LTN tracker, but it has been happening somewhere since LTN Tracker 0.9.6.

Here is the link to our savegame: https://transfernow.net/ddl/factorio-save-ltntracker

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

I ran your game for about 45 minutes of ingame time without issue on a headless server. Some of my mod versions might have been more recent than yours (I used the sync mods feature to download the required mods). Can you point to any specific steps that cause the crash?

Offtopic: you should have a look at your OFFBASE_TEMP_CONCRETE station. It is not working as intended, at all :D

Oaquasis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Oaquasis »

Thanks for testing it so extensively! But it is weird that nothing happened, maybe it is a caching/update thing of our server/game installs.
I'll perform a clean install of the game with this savegame and see how that goes, I'll let you know.
We are not quite sure what is causing this, it seems to have something to do with a new train order.. If we start the server with LTN Tracker enabled and login it crashed instantly or within 15 minutes.

Offtopic: Haha! I'll have a look, there is a lot of work left to be done in our game haha :lol:

cygnos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by cygnos »

eduran wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:21 pm
I ran your game for about 45 minutes of ingame time without issue on a headless server. Some of my mod versions might have been more recent than yours (I used the sync mods feature to download the required mods). Can you point to any specific steps that cause the crash?
I've managed to track down and reproduce the crash in a small setup with just a few mods.
It happens when the train leaves the provider station.
It seems to be a combination of the particular item being picked up in combination with the station names that causes it.
If I change both station names to 'abc', 'def' then it works fine, if I change just one it still crashes.
When I change the requested item (transistor, stack of 5) to a version that is not stacked (deadlock stacking mod) then it is fine.
If I change it to other stacked items like iron plate then it works but stacked 'CPUs' still crash.

I've attached a small savegame that will crash the moment the train leaves the provider station. I've tested it on 0.17.21 and 0.17.23 with all mods synced/updated.
save2.zip
(2.17 MiB) Downloaded 133 times

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

Thanks for boiling it down like that. You found one hell of an edge case. I still need to wrap my head around where things are going wrong. This might even be an issue with Factorio itself.

I will upload 0.9.8 with a workaround in a moment. With that LTNT should no longer crash. Histories for those deliveries will be incorrect until Optera and I can figure out why this is happening.

D4RT-one
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by D4RT-one »

eduran wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:07 pm
The latest version adds experimantal support for LTN Combinator. If your station is connected to an LTN Combinator, you can select it directly through the station tab by clicking the combinator button.
For me it says that 'LTN Combinator not found'
I'm using:
LTN 1.10.5
LTN Tracker 0.9.8
LTN Combinator 0.2.1
Attachments
20190330164001_1.jpg
20190330164001_1.jpg (603.42 KiB) Viewed 5492 times

dockmeister
Inserter
Inserter

Post by dockmeister »

D4RT-one wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:41 pm
For me it says that 'LTN Combinator not found'
Hi,

the logic to find the combinator connected to a Station is part of LTN-C.
The algorithm currently checks up to 10 entities connected through a circuit wire starting from the LTN-input-lamp. There are limitations if a LTN-C is behind an arithmetic or decider combinator.

Can you post a screenshot of that station (with the station and the LTN-combinator visible)

cheers

Return to “Logistic Train Network”