Load up only one cargo wagon?

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

khadgarion
Inserter
Inserter

Load up only one cargo wagon?

Post by khadgarion »

I have been building mini-factories in my train grids, and was using one station with filter inserters to unload only specific items (see picture for an example)

Imagehttp://prntscr.com/m2tutc

This is an old station that is still using a vanilla station. Is there any way for me to tell LTN to only load (for example) wagon number 2? I could probably figure out a workaround, perhaps let the whole train load up and go to the station, the filter inserters would grab what they needed, and the train would go back to the depot (still partially loaded) where I could unload... But that seems pretty ineffecient.

I do have one factory that uses one stop per different item required, but it takes up a lot more room and is more belt / track / inserter expensive, which is why I was using a single station with filtered unloading.

Is this possible? If not, any suggestions on different methods of setting up a remote factory that play nicely with LTN?

Thanks!

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Load up only one cargo wagon?

Post by Optera »

If LTN could correctly guess at what carriage position your station expects which item I'd rework it to play lottery games. :lol:

Joking aside, try wide chest spanning the whole train length and use filtered loader or miniloader to output from those. It's by far the simplest and most ups friendly way.
2018-10-06-21-29-22-1249603.png
2018-10-06-21-29-22-1249603.png (5.4 MiB) Viewed 1623 times

khadgarion
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Load up only one cargo wagon?

Post by khadgarion »

Optera wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:40 am
If LTN could correctly guess at what carriage position your station expects which item I'd rework it to play lottery games. :lol:

Joking aside, try wide chest spanning the whole train length and use filtered loader or miniloader to output from those. It's by far the simplest and most ups friendly way.
I kind of figured that was the case, but I thought I would ask anyways. I may have to re-think my factory train station designs to fully utilize LTN.

Thanks very much for your reply!

Return to “Logistic Train Network”