LTN Status only being reported via a green wire (added in 1.9.4)

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

PSquared1234
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

LTN Status only being reported via a green wire (added in 1.9.4)

Post by PSquared1234 »

Hi. I'm using LTN, version 1.9.3. I've noticed a difference - and likely a bug - in LTN since I last used it.

Here's my issue: When I connect a green wire to an LTN station input, I get a status indicator (green, red, purple, yellow...) returned, mirroring the color of the input light. However, when I connect a RED wire to the input, I get no status indication - no color is returned, even in cases where the input light changes color. In both cases, LTN otherwise works fine (provide a source, a depot, a train and a requester, LTN will create a route from depot to source & from there back to requester). I found this issue happened both in a "normal" game, and in sandbox mode, repeatably.

I had previously set alarms based on the light changing color (alarms when the input light is no longer green -> something happening at the station), and in my last game this status was correctly reported using either a green or red wire. So SOMETHING has changed. It's possible that this is somehow a mod conflict on my end.

FYI, and thanks for a great mod.
Last edited by Optera on Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: updated status

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: LTN Status only being reported via a green wire

Post by Optera »

That's working as intended.

Lamp colors can't be set directly, so LTN has a hidden constant combinator under the lamp generating the color signals.
Since circuit network entities aggregate both wires, the lamp would see all values doubled. Therefore lamp color signals have always been only available through green wire.

Edit:
There once was a reason to implement it like this, but the way LTN is using the lamp has since changed.
Currently there's only one color present at any given time so I don't see a reason not to add red wire connection between lamp and color signal generator.

Update:
I've added the ability to read colors through red wire in 1.9.4.
Also got rid of the ugly wire connection from hidden combinator to lamp by aligning the connection points.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”