LTN milk run how?

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

Trblz
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

LTN milk run how?

Post by Trblz »

I am trying to use a 1-2 train to pickup 4 rocket parts - equal rows for all four parts.

In Vanilla I would do the milk run by daisy chaining the pickup train stations and have filters in the wagons to limit the load as required.

But I am using LTN now and want to do something similar.

I have 1-2 trains that I use for low volume hauling, like Uranium Stone and rocket parts.
The easy way out is have 10 1-2 trains and let LTN do the scheduling. This may/will result in 4 trains for rocket parts.

How do I setup in LTN to have a single train pickup multiple loads before unloading?
My Mod list: Necormant co-author

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: LTN milk run how?

Post by steinio »

No way.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Trblz
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Trblz »

Well, that closes this question :shock:

evopwr
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evopwr »

I haven't used LTN, although watched a video on it.

Can you still use regular train stops, schedules, and trains, and just do it the "vanilla way", for these low volume scenarios?

LTN's strength appears to be more for high volume, or complex many outputs to many inputs.

I think once your base gets bigger, you'll have trains that just do each single type anyway. eg a train that just does Rocket Fuel, and another for Low Density, etc. So given that, perhaps its easier to set it up as 4 separate trains now?

Trblz
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Trblz »

Of course I can use vanilla stations with LTN in a network for certain scenarios but I was looking for ways to do it with LTN.

Right now I have:
3-6 LTN trains for ores, plates and high volume
1-2 LTN trains for the smaller usage loads, like stone, recycling and uranium depot refueling

1-2 Vanilla trains for the earth science milk runs (mixed load, 36 difference beakers)
1-2 Vanilla train for rocket parts

and some build / pax trains.

I wanted to know how to do the 1-2 vanilla milk-run trains in LTN too. For rocket parts I could use LTN but I used it as example to push it to the earth science scenario.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”