[1.8.2] error while renaming Station (fixed)

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

Piedro78
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.8.2] error while renaming Station (fixed)

Post by Piedro78 »

Hello,
I already placed a few train stops and renamed them. Yesterday I wanted to start building my depots and when I try to rename a trainstation now I get a fatal error that quits the game. So the second I press ENTER after entering a new name for any LTN station it crashes.

This is the message I get:
Error while running event LogisticTrainNetwork::on_entity_renamed (ID 57)
LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid.
stack traceback:
__LogisticTrainNetwork__/control.lua:764: in function 'renamedStop'
__LogisticTrainNetwork__/control.lua:798: in function <__LogisticTrainNetwork__/control.lua:784>

A few days ago I tryed to update the mod to 1.9.0. I got the mod installed, but the game doesn't seems to synchronize with the latest version. It's stays at 1.8.2 and crashes while opening the game (nil value) . I removed version 1.9.0 and replaced 1.8.2 to be able to continu playing.
When the update 1.9.2 came I experienced the same, so removed 1.8.2, installed 1.9.2 but also same error (nil value)
So i again recoverd to 1.8.2.

It's probabley an error in the specific game because when I try an older game I can rename the train statiosn without any problem.

I attached the logfile for your information.

Does anyone experienced this before or has any idea what might cause the error?
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(459.52 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
Last edited by Optera on Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added fixed tag

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.8.2] error while renaming Station

Post by Optera »

Your save data must be corrupted.
There shouldn't be an invalid entity in global.LogisticTrainStops.

Piedro78
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Piedro78 »

Thank you for your reply, any idea of how I can fix this?

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Try if the dev branch for 1.9.3 fixed your issue.
https://github.com/Yousei9/Logistic-Tra ... tree/1.9.3

Piedro78
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Piedro78 »

OKay thx Optera!

This worked, it was not so straightforward to get the mod in. Had to remove the mod first, start factorio, sync with the removed mod, than close again, paste the zip file, start again, turn the mod on, sync with the game et voila!

I don't know what exactley the error was, but I can continu! thank you so much for the very fast reply and solutions :D

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Good to hear.

I have no idea what you mean by "sync with removed mod".
Factorio supports mods being installed multiple times even if it nags about it. It'll pick higher version over older and unpacked over packed.
To install manually from github just unpack all files into /mods/LogisticTrainNetwork_1.9.3

Edit:
I expanded data corruption self repair.
Could you attach your corrupted save so i can test it.

Piedro78
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.8.2] error while renaming Station (fixed)

Post by Piedro78 »

Is there another way to send you the map?
I got this response: Error parsing server response.
File is 23.5Mb

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

You can try google drive or similar if 23MB is too large for the forum.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Thanks, this save seems to have all possible cases of corrupt stop data.
From invalid stop entities to invalid or missing I/O entities to stops not even properly registered in the global list.

Code: Select all

59.111 Script @__LogisticTrainNetwork__/control.lua:179: [LTN] removing corrupt stop 461191
  59.112 Script @__LogisticTrainNetwork__/control.lua:179: [LTN] removing corrupt stop 549687
  59.113 Script @__LogisticTrainNetwork__/control.lua:179: [LTN] removing corrupt stop 550205
  59.113 Script @__LogisticTrainNetwork__/control.lua:179: [LTN] removing corrupt stop 550693
  59.113 Script @__LogisticTrainNetwork__/control.lua:179: [LTN] removing corrupt stop 550710
  59.113 Script @__LogisticTrainNetwork__/control.lua:179: [LTN] removing corrupt stop 563897
  59.114 Script @__LogisticTrainNetwork__/control.lua:179: [LTN] removing corrupt stop 568874
  59.130 Script @__LogisticTrainNetwork__/control.lua:211: [LTN] recreating stop missing from global.LogisticTrainStops GEARS 1
  59.131 Script @__LogisticTrainNetwork__/control.lua:211: [LTN] recreating stop missing from global.LogisticTrainStops GEARS 3
  59.131 Script @__LogisticTrainNetwork__/control.lua:211: [LTN] recreating stop missing from global.LogisticTrainStops GEARS 2
  59.131 Script @__LogisticTrainNetwork__/control.lua:211: [LTN] recreating stop missing from global.LogisticTrainStops GEARS 4
  59.132 Script @__LogisticTrainNetwork__/control.lua:205: [LTN] recreating corrupt stop STEEL 1
  59.132 Script @__LogisticTrainNetwork__/control.lua:205: [LTN] recreating corrupt stop STEEL 2
  59.133 Script @__LogisticTrainNetwork__/control.lua:211: [LTN] recreating stop missing from global.LogisticTrainStops STEEL 3
  59.134 Script @__LogisticTrainNetwork__/control.lua:211: [LTN] recreating stop missing from global.LogisticTrainStops STEEL 4
  59.134 Script @__LogisticTrainNetwork__/control.lua:211: [LTN] recreating stop missing from global.LogisticTrainStops STEEL 5
  59.135 Script @__LogisticTrainNetwork__/control.lua:322: [LTN] Migrating from 1.8.2 to 1.9.3 complete.

Piedro78
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Piedro78 »

I remember to have some strange things going on last week with removing train stops.
While testing out some part of an assembly line, I removed a whole section with bots. While everything was cleaned up, some parts of the LTN trainstop remained. It was only the lamp and the stop output that remained. Right clicking it didn't remove it, also trying to let the bots remove it didn't work (it still had the red cross on it)
The only way I seemed to be able to remove it, was to put a new stop over it, and than remove it.
Maybe this caused al the corrupt stop data?

Return to “Logistic Train Network”