LTN not wanting to pick up liquids.

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

Achilleshiel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

LTN not wanting to pick up liquids.

Post by Achilleshiel »

In my safe I try to move liquid from one station to another. This works perfectly fine. Except for Natural Gas Liquids. I also do not get the message "No station supplying Natural Gas Liquids found in networks 0xffffffff." I added the safegame. It should ship from "Mikael - RealZelyet" to "Matt Raynor". This is in Sector K19.

Is it me fucking up? Because I checked that everything is wired up correctly. That is, i see a full loading station 199k NGL with a green signal from the station. Which means that these to are connected right?
Attachments
MP_AB2.10.zip
(16.38 MiB) Downloaded 100 times

Achilleshiel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: LTN not wanting to pick up liquids.

Post by Achilleshiel »

Nvm, fixed it.

I screwed up with stationnetworks. However, not finding a suitable train shouldn't that show up as a warning?

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

The warning for no usable train due to size or network of depot looks like this:

Code: Select all

No train with 0 <= length <= 0 to transport 11 stacks from Prov1 to Req1 in network 0x1 found in Depot.
The warning when provider and requester are in different networks is this:

Code: Select all

No station supplying Copper plate found in networks 0x1.

Achilleshiel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Achilleshiel »

What I build was
- Provider station in network 0xffffffff
- Requester station in network 0xffffffff
- Depots in 0x1

However, from a earliers starting factory there was still a provider station in 0x4.
This last station had more items then the newly build provider station. So from the logs I found that it wanted to move the liquids from 4 to ffffffff.
However, it did not share a depot on network 4. Thus no train was found. This did not give a warning (because it is defined as a message?)

Shouldn't it be able to then pick fluid from the station that is in the network and has a train available?

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

LTN uses a simplistic logic to generate deliveries.
It first decides on a provider purely on provider priority, item count and network id.
In a second stage it looks for the most suitable train for that provider-requester combination.

Doing it this way allows for very fast processing of requests, but it can create impossible requester-provider combinations.
To prevent such impossible deliveries from being created make sure depots have a network id that is the sum of all reachable requester and provider networks.

Achilleshiel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Achilleshiel »

Fair enough, sounds like a solid choice. Creating a lot of overhead just because of one edge case is not desireable.
Anyway, thank you for this awesome mod :D
I love it.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”