[LTN 1.8.1] Blueprints with LTN stations immediately dispatch trains, even with no power

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

PSquared1234
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[LTN 1.8.1] Blueprints with LTN stations immediately dispatch trains, even with no power

Post by PSquared1234 »

Hello, I'm having a problem with the latest version of LTN (1.8.1). When I plop down a blueprint containing an LTN station, and the station itself is placed (usually by robot), LTN immediately starts dispatching trains if a request is made via circuits. This happens even if said station has no electrical power, which is very much a change from previous versions.

Basically, what now happens is I plop down the blueprint, then race the bots to find the inputs to the LTN station before the bots can place the station. If I don't, I'm likely to get a half-dozen trains, usually of the wrong "flavor," and a big giant mess.

Unless I'm very much mistaken, this behavior (issuing commands when no power exists) was introduced with your latest version (1.8.1) a few days ago. Unless there's a reason you have changed this behavior from previous versions, I very much preferred that power to the station be required for a station to issue an LTN request. This gives me a chance to leisurely disconnect the inputs from the LTN stations before I "power on" a base.

Now that I'm done whining, I also wanted to emphasize that LTN is a fantastic mod, and thoroughly changed the way I play Factorio. I'm currently playing the "Whistle Stop" mod, which requires a great (great!) many remote stations. It goes with LTN like peanut butter & chocolate (in fact, I couldn't imagine playing the Whistle Stop mod without LTN).

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [LTN 1.8.1] Blueprints with LTN stations immediately dispatch trains, even with no power

Post by Optera »

Only the lamp requires power to display colored status. The script reads signals from it without power. This has been the case since the first alpha versions.

When LTN sees signals it reacts, there is no grace period after plopping a blueprint or anything.
If you don't want this change your blueprints to have disabled constant combinators.

Curcaryen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [LTN 1.8.1] Blueprints with LTN stations immediately dispatch trains, even with n

Post by Curcaryen »

Just copy the station names with your blueprint. The double name will prevent trains dispatched to both station until you change the name.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [LTN 1.8.1] Blueprints with LTN stations immediately dispatch trains, even with no power

Post by mrvn »

When making a blueprint disable all constant providers.

@Curcaryen: Copying the name means that trains on the way to the station could end up a the new station. Also I have a patch for LTN to support stations with the same name. I use this to have stations that can be entered by a train from both directions.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”