Odd behaviour of Load/Unload station

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

Legless
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Odd behaviour of Load/Unload station

Post by Legless »

It seems there is an odd tick after station has completed loading, so it starts unload circuits until time or cargo runs out.
I understand that the problem appears when stack inserters "overload" wagon with a few extra plates (which is higher than train needs and unloading filters are trying to subtract that amount)
I've tried to delay unloading by adding an ariphmetic combinator like Each+0=Each. Still wont work.
What am I doing wrong, guys? How to fix it?
Attachments
20180827224528_1.jpg
20180827224528_1.jpg (956.15 KiB) Viewed 1794 times

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Odd behaviour of Load/Unload station

Post by Optera »

It's not only a timing issue. Stations working as provider and requester need a bit more combinator magic than two arithmetic combinators.

Either you build a count perfect loading system or add a hysteresis.
You can find my Basic Provider & Requester using the later in the Design thread.

Legless
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Legless »

I've made a simple and crude solution, so far it works. Just a constant combinator with -100 items, that should be only on provider side, connected to requster side filter inserters.
Unfortunately, I don't fully understand all that encoded positions stuff, and I prefer not to use blueprints I have no clue about. Moreover, I use fast and short trains. Anyway, thanks for the help. If I find more elegant solution, I'll post it here. Great mod, btw.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

The "each * (-2) = each" arithmetic combinator is supposed to fix that problem. Items should only be unloaded when they are more than twice the requested amount. So unless you are requesting just 10 cars and overloading it with 30 there should be no unloading happening.

Are you sure all your wires are right? Where is the wire from the train station (read train content) to the "each * (-2) = each" arithmetic combinator output (yes, output). It should compute "train actual contents - 2 * supposed contents" and unload anything > 0 (set filter)?

Legless
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Legless »

Are you sure all your wires are right? Where is the wire from the train station (read train content) to the "each * (-2) = each" arithmetic combinator output (yes, output). It should compute "train actual contents - 2 * supposed contents" and unload anything > 0 (set filter)?
Right, it used to work. Missed a wire, indeed. Thanks for the tip!

Return to “Logistic Train Network”