Feature Request - Max trains to assign

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

Gloweye
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Feature Request - Max trains to assign

Post by Gloweye »

I would like to have a signal which can say "Send a max of X trains to this station at the same time".

My problem is that when any raw resource (say, copper ore) runs low among the different provider stations, LTN has a tendency to start piling on any available station. Since not all belt balancers are equal, some stations have misbalanced supplier chests. If you then try to load 6K copper ore in 3 wagons, some of the wagons may not be fully loaded.

This can be solved with some circuitry - Currently I have a Decider Combinator for each wagon, and the station is disabled when any of them doesn't allow it. These check for wagon capacity (2k for copper ore). However, when shortages come to a misbalanced station, LTN has a tendency to send 3 or 4 trains there immediately, which that station can't service.

It's trivial to calculate the number of trains that I can service for each station. The signal in question would just be a check "do not assign another train to this provider if provider has > X trains". I don't know factorio modding, but I hope this would be simple, as the yellow/blue signals already indicate how much trains LTN has assigned to any station.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Feature Request - Max trains to assign

Post by Optera »

From the manual:
limit trains (optional) - number of trains (deliveries) allowed simultaneously at this station (default=0 no limit)

Return to “Logistic Train Network”