Question regarding the usage of the Provider Station

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

bomberchibbi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Question regarding the usage of the Provider Station

Post by bomberchibbi »

I am still fairly new to LTN, so I hope that someone here can help me out with a problem I am having. I am trying to provide some items via a provider station but I can't get the requester chests to request items. I made sure that the station is connected to the logistics network and I used a combinator to request the items. However I am doing something wrong and it isn't working. I uploaded my savegame so If someone more proficient then me could have a look that would be great.
Attachments
start.zip
(14.12 MiB) Downloaded 57 times

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Question regarding the usage of the Provider Station

Post by Optera »

My Logistic Provider & Requester only requests according to train loading list.

Example:
A train is sent to pick up 500 Inserter and 1k belts
When It arrives each chest will request 500 inserter and 1k belts.

It could be further refined by dividing through the amount of wagons + 1. In the example above each chest would then request 251 inserter and 501 belts.

The way you set it up in your save it will always provide 1k of each regardless of actual stock which will lead to trains getting stuck trying to load more than is available.

bomberchibbi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Question regarding the usage of the Provider Station

Post by bomberchibbi »

Hi Optera, thank you very much for the reply. The station I used in my save is from your test map, I used this one to make sure I didnt make any mistake myself. I got it working to the point where it's delivering something to the mining outpost. However the problem I have is that it delivers too many piercing magazines and not all of the stuff that is requested by the combinator. I have more than 400 laser turrets in my logistics network (I made sure the bots can reach the station) but it tells me no station supplying laser turrets and the same for electric poles and the like. Maybe I wired up something wrong, would be great if you could help me out with that since the wiring for that doesnt seem to be part of your ltn outpost blueprint, or maybe I'm getting something wrong yet again.
Attachments
123.zip
(14.1 MiB) Downloaded 68 times

Return to “Logistic Train Network”