trains stuck. LTN depo system

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

vovan_krasava
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

trains stuck. LTN depo system

Post by vovan_krasava »

Hi all, please help. I have some problem with LTN depo system.
configuration:
- 50 depo station with equals names like "depo_1"
- 50 train
see screenshot.
I reciving problem when some trains try to stop on depo where is another train waiting.
I don't understand why train is not select empty depo.
Attachments
20180802231323_1.jpg
20180802231323_1.jpg (968.17 KiB) Viewed 4009 times

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: trains stuck. LTN depo system

Post by jodokus31 »

Thats not an LTN problem.
Looks like, the signaling is not good. Try to replace the regular signals in the upper lane with chain signals.

vovan_krasava
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by vovan_krasava »

jodokus31 wrote:Thats not an LTN problem.
Looks like, the signaling is not good. Try to replace the regular signals in the upper lane with chain signals.
thank for recomendation.
in this case.
problem where 2 trains try to stop on 1 depo - resolved, but only 1 train can be on the top line, which will lead to large traffic jams on the main railway
if try to park 50 trains, need on the top line one train must move behind the another
maybe need change depo system, 50 depo in one line it's stupid. or I do something wrong
Attachments
20180803000404_1.jpg
20180803000404_1.jpg (977.12 KiB) Viewed 3997 times

disentius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by disentius »

Not stupid and not wrong.

This behavior problem lies in the way the trains select their next station. They do that the moment they leave the station before the depot. They have to be "stuck" at a signal for some time before they choose another path.
- it tries first to select the station it came from - one of the 50 depots - and if it is occupied, selects the one with the shortest route witch is the least "expensive". You can find the penalties for stations and red signals on the wiki.
I tried to distribute the trains, but you need lots of logic and circuit network stuff, and it was still buggy.
You can see this in-game. press F4 and choose show-train-stop-point, press F4 again.
rail paths.png
rail paths.png (621.88 KiB) Viewed 3975 times
Put a stacker before the Depot to avoid clogging your main line, that is the best i found. Costs lots of space though
I gave up, and made more depots. Double rows, 10 each side.:)
Last edited by disentius on Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

vovan_krasava
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by vovan_krasava »

disentius wrote:Not stupid and not wrong.

This behavior problem lies in the way the trains select their next station. They do that the moment they leave the station before the depot. They have to be "stuck" at a signal for some time before they choose another path.
- it tries first to select the station it came from - one of the 50 depots - and if it is occupied, selects the one with the shortest route wich is the least "expensive". You can find the penalties for stations and red signals on the wiki.
I tried to distribute the trains, but you need lots of logic and circuit network stuff, and it was still buggy.
You can see this in-game. press F4 and choose show-train-stop-point, pres F4 again.

Put a stacker before the Depot to avoid clogging your main line, that is the best i found. Costs lots of space though
I gave up, and made more depots. Double rows, 10 each side.:)
ohh, thanks ^)

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

most of your signals on the pictures are also "wrong", just btw.

U should let them wait where they dont block other trains (chain signal) for the rest normal signals.

vovan_krasava
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by vovan_krasava »

nuhll wrote:most of your signals on the pictures are also "wrong", just btw.

U should let them wait where they dont block other trains (chain signal) for the rest normal signals.
yep, you're absolutely right
at that time I was experimenting with different signals.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”