Config to work with full train

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

Dergonic
Inserter
Inserter

Config to work with full train

Post by Dergonic »

Hi everyone

I'm trying to setup the LTN on some station to only load and/or request full wagon.

I mean, for my base ressource (ores, ...) I would like to only have even FULL or EMPTY wagon on the rails, no "partially loaded" onces.
How would you do it ? Is there a way to force trains to wait untill fully loaded and/or fully unloaded ?

Thanks

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Config to work with full train

Post by mrvn »

Set the provider limit at the mine and the requester limit at the smelter to one full train.

Dergonic
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dergonic »

mrvn wrote:limit [...] to one full train.
Do you mean limiting the min/max amount to the wagon max amount or is there a specific instruction ?

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Please read the manual and other posts before asking questions that have been answered over and over.

Set the control signals provide threshold and request threshold to match a full train load.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Dergonic wrote:
mrvn wrote:limit [...] to one full train.
Do you mean limiting the min/max amount to the wagon max amount or is there a specific instruction ?
I mean the signals, which are the min amounts. Max requested should be larger than a full train so one is dispatched before you are all out.

Dergonic
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dergonic »

Hi

I tried this yesterday evening and ran into an issue
When you setup the request as the maximum amount a wagon can get (8k for barrels using 2 wagons - I have bigbags) the schedule send to the trains setup a value which is over thos 8k (8042 of something close).
That make the trains goes to provide station and never reach this amount. It is so stuck.

For the moment, I've setup a value which is a little bit lower that max value and it works, but I think there is some improvement that can be done in train schedule.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

That's not how it works and never happened to me.

The request limit is only the amount for when it starts asking for a train. It has 0 effect on how much the train requests.

The requested amount is what you signal as negative amount on the lamp and LTN then tries to find the best train for the amount. The choosen train and reserved slots ultimately determine the amount requested. Should never be more than the train can carry.

Post save.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”