Stations of different surfaces

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Stations of different surfaces

Post by mrvn »

I've been playing with the Blueprint Lab and build some LTN stations there as templates for use in my game.

So now I have a station in the Lab surface that requests fuel for furnaces. I also have a station supplying fuel in my game. This causes LTN to send a train to pick up fuel in my game to deliver to the Lab, which results in "No path". Trains can't travel between surfaces.

I wonder if LTN shouldn't consider the surface a station is at for planing deliveries. Otherwise every surface needs a different network mask and that would seriously limit the number of surfaces that can have trains.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Stations of different surfaces

Post by Optera »

Unless a majority of players starts using LTN over multiple surfaces, the check will be dead weight. I've omitted a fair bit of similar sanity checks for the sake of better performance.

You can already tell LTN networks are not connected by using different network IDs.

Dune
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dune »

Bump, I second this proposal. As mods with different surfaces become popular, such as Space Exploration, such features would help.

I ran into this as well with SE. The bad part about it is, the trains went to pick up the material for a request, on one surface and then since they couldn't make the trip, cancelled and returned to the depot with material still on them.

PS Great mod, I use it with every game. I'm a streamer and I get questions from viewers on its use all the time. I hope a surface check can be added, even if it's an optional item in the map mod's settings.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

I've been informed surface limit was increased from 16 to whopping 2^16 giving a lot more validity to this request.
Version 1.11.1 will include surface checks between requester, provider and train.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”