LTN network messing up when loading/unloading

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

Flame1869
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

LTN network messing up when loading/unloading

Post by Flame1869 »

for some reason that i have yet to understand LTN keeps sending my (coal) trains to the depot when they are not empty yet, and i dont have a clue why that is. hopefully someone here can help me...
I fully believe the problem lies between the keyboard and the chair here, so i assume the mod itself is not messing up ;)

Extra mod involved: Bulk loaders/Unloaders and Bob/Angels mods

So i have my LTN provider setup here:
-I link the content of the chests (loaders) to the input of the LTN station
- i link the constant combinator to the input as well (same wire color) and set in ti:
* Threshold to be 35.000 (about an full train with 3 wagons; Each wagon has 64 slots; coal is 200 per stack = 12800 per wagon = 38400 for full train)
* network is number #4
* maximum of 1 train
The station itself has no specific settings here; as the loader doesnt stop at exactly 35.000; trains are default overloaded; but as there is always room at the destination it shouldn't be a problem; and so for it always went the right way.

i currently have 2 of these ore mines connected to network #4

Next i have set up the coal storage facility with the LTN requester stations:

What i did here:
First i wanted to make sure there is always enough unload space in the bulk unloaders. So i hooked each unloader container to a decider combinator, and told it: IF Coal < 50.000 then green =1.
next i hooked the results up to the station itself and marked to be enabled when it has 3 green signals.
This way i am 100% sure the station can only be enabled when there is atleast room for a full wagon inventory within the bulk unloader *(Bulk unloader has 64.000 capacity - 1 full train wagon (12.800) = 51.200. so to be on the save side i picked the 50.000).

the only thing i hookup to the station input is the constant combinator, and i set this one to:
- 1 train
- network #4
- Requester threshold to be 35.000
- Request 35.000 coal

at first this all seems to work fine, but i noticed now that i see more and more trains back into the depot that still have coal in them.
Any idea what i am doing wrong, and why this setup is not working as intended? what did i miss?

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: LTN network messing up when loading/unloading

Post by Optera »

There are several conceptual errors with your unloading station:
  1. Disabling stops is not supported by LTN.
    It should work if done carefully, but I'm not going to help if anything goes wrong.
  2. LTN expects to see contents of buffer or storage at all times.
    I'm not keeping you from building your own logic if you think LTN's internal threshold handling is insufficient for you, but again you're on your own with that.
  3. You don't seem to balance between the 3 silos per wagon.
    This could lead to only one wagon being fully unloaded and unloading timing out after 2minutes.
  4. Connection between unloaders and silo are bottlenecked going from 2 red loader to 1 red loader. I'd directly connect 2x unloader > blue loader > blue belt > blue loader > silo without splitters.

Flame1869
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Flame1869 »

The reason for changing the dropoff with my own logic was that i wanted a way to ensure a train content can be emptied. If i only set 1 requesting quantity over the stration and do not check individual containers, how can i know the first one isnt completely full while the other 2 are empty? this will result in a mess as well, as the train wont unload the first wagon.

(1.2.) so my way of logic thinking was to disable the station when there is atleast 1 container without enough unloading space in it, but doing this seems to be messing with the way LTN works.

so reading your feedback, i think i should handle it different: maybe do something like: IF container free space is not enough for full unload; just multiply some with some big number so the station thinks its completly full and doesnt need to request anything.
if i set this for each container, the real request will only occur when it is certain there is enough room on all 3 unloaders.

4. i dont have the blue loaders in my game yet ;) will update asap

Update:
Combinator 1: if COAL > 50k -> go to arthritic and multiply by 50 -> sent to station input
Combinator 2: if COAL < 50k -> sent input to station input.

i will test (after vacation) and let you know if this solved my issues and keep it here fur future reference :)
Attachments
load.PNG
load.PNG (746.06 KiB) Viewed 3302 times

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

I dont understand the problem.

If you connect the "chests" to LTN, it will always keep X amount of resources avaible, how should it happen that its full??? Without any logic or anything.

You just need to 1.) balance all chests or 2.) just do extra LTN stations per row.

I dont see how it should happen that LTN produce too much incoming... :roll:

Return to “Logistic Train Network”