LTN v178, spamming no train

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

hedikin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

LTN v178, spamming no train

Post by hedikin »

okay

so i got 10 trains that is 2-8-0 for big hauling

then i also got 8 trains with 1-4-0 just to move around small things.

both have their own separate depot stations with different names

now when there is to many small things to move around, i keep getting these msgs, and its really annoying, i know the option to turn off the msgs all together but im still in the very early stages of my map so i would like to keep an eye on how things work

any options im missing?
LTN spam
LTN spam
Untitled.png (1.11 MiB) Viewed 2949 times

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: LTN v178, spamming no train

Post by Optera »

That's intended since 1.7.7.
The no train message was moved from detailed into the default notification level as it now also contains valuable information when trains are not found due to network configuration (the hex code 0xffffffff meaning any network).

The solution is to have enough trains to satisfy demand. Either increase available trains or limit stations to allow fewer trains.

Alternatively utilize LTN's message spam filter. For it to work you have to change input signals to step up/down only at levels of request threshold. Can be done with 2 arithmetic combinators set to Each/request threshold=Each > Each*request threshold=Each > LTN.

hedikin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by hedikin »

sigh another stupid "feature"

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

I am an LTN novice and I found this thread after receiving the same message (only once every few minutes).
NOTE: Unlike the OP, I am *not* getting spammed. I get the message every few minutes, and since the delivery isn't happening... it must be valid even though I fail to see/understand the reason.

Scenario where it happened:
- I had setup deliveries from a coal deposit (coal 1) to several locations that requested it. Was working fine.
- There are two trains at the depot, and they are called every 15 minutes or so.
- I then added a 2nd coal deposit (coal 2) as a provider, using the same configuration as coal 1 except for the stop name and for giving it priority 10 (I want to exhaust it to clear the space). This is when the error started.

Any ideas as to what it may be?

NOTE: I found that I had set a maximum train length of 4, when my shortest trains have 4 wagons and 2 locomotives. I fixed it by raising the limit to 6, but by then I had already made the delivery manually, so I did not test. Still, I am guessing this was the cause of the message.

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

There are two different no-train-available messages LTN can print: One if no train is available at all (in any depot and of any length) and the one you refer to. It is displayed if at least one train is parked at a depot, but can't be used for a otherwise valid delivery. This can happen either due to a mismatch of network IDs (i.e. the depot is not in the same network as the stations) or train length (i.e the train is longer/shorter than the limits set at the stations).

You ran into the latter case. A length 6 train available, but not allowed to go to the provider. Internally LTN will retry to find a suitable train in one-second intervals. To avoid spam the message is only printed every 5 minutes.

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

eduran wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 4:47 pm
There are two different no-train-available messages LTN can print: One if no train is available at all (in any depot and of any length) and the one you refer to. It is displayed if at least one train is parked at a depot, but can't be used for a otherwise valid delivery. This can happen either due to a mismatch of network IDs (i.e. the depot is not in the same network as the stations) or train length (i.e the train is longer/shorter than the limits set at the stations).

You ran into the latter case. A length 6 train available, but not allowed to go to the provider. Internally LTN will retry to find a suitable train in one-second intervals. To avoid spam the message is only printed every 5 minutes.
That seems like the perfect way to handle human errors. It points out the problem and gives us the ability to fix it, without spamming. Nice.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”