Train limit not working

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

felixacat
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Train limit not working

Post by felixacat »

Hello,
Im having a problem with train limits singal not doing what what i think should work.
I have looked over my singals and wiring could not find a problem, So i download a test map from a guy who was explaining his LTN train stops
Im stuck on the same problem.
requesting station
Providing station
The only way i chould make it work is by removing the train limit signal from the requesting station.
This will offcourse result in 8+ trains leaving the depo and locking my requesting station.

Did i miss something or did i stumble on a bug ?
Last edited by Koub on Wed May 16, 2018 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Fixed spoiler and images

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Train limit not working

Post by Optera »

From what I could see this map uses 4 wagon trains which means LTN can transport 50*40*4=8k ore per train.
The requester you posted wants 73k iron ore = 9,125 train loads.
So ofc LTN will send that many trains to fulfill the request unless limited by max trains.

felixacat
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by felixacat »

Might not have explained it correctly, i fully understand that when i remove the train-limit singal more then one train will come to fulfill the stations request.

The problem im having is that when i have a train-limit singal inplace no train is assigned to the providing station. there all idling in depo.
Only when i remove the singal the trains start to react to the station.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

In your requester screenshot I see yellow = 2 meaning 2 trains are currently en route to it.

Erisea
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Erisea »

I'm also having similar problems with this; I have stations set to limit 1 train, but quite frequently I'm getting a train in a station, and another backed up outside. I've even been in a situation where I had 3 or 4 trains backed up! How can I try to debug this myself? I've seen mention of a log; how can I enable this and read it?

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Erisea wrote:I'm also having similar problems with this; I have stations set to limit 1 train, but quite frequently I'm getting a train in a station, and another backed up outside. I've even been in a situation where I had 3 or 4 trains backed up! How can I try to debug this myself? I've seen mention of a log; how can I enable this and read it?
If a train times out after 5 min., a new train gets scheduled. Maybe this is the case here?
Afaik, after timeout, LTN does not control/track it anymore and it behaves like a normal train with a schedule until it gets back to depot.

For logging: There is a Mod setting: Map -> Enable debug log, which writes to factorio-current.log
There is also the possibility to change timeouts

Erisea
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Erisea »

I think this must be the answer - i had had an issue with improperly set up inserters, causing trains to not get loaded, which must have caused timeouts, blocking the track causing other timeouts. Thank you!

Return to “Logistic Train Network”