Shorten train stop names in messages

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Shorten train stop names in messages

Post by mrvn »

LTN train stops need unique names. So I can't name all the stations requiring fuel for furnaces "Furnace fuel". Or name all the station of the plastic production "Plastic". Therefore my station names are a combination of the item being produced in the factory complex, the tiem being loaded/unloaded and a unique number if there are multiple such complexes. This means train station names are rather long and the LTN messages of scheduled trains are hard to read.

My suggestion would be to define some character, e.g. "_" as separator and have LTN only use the part before the "_" in messages. Or the part between two "_". So the train stop "Fuel for _Iron Smelter_ 1" would show up as simply "Iron Smelter" in the on screen messages.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Shorten train stop names in messages

Post by steinio »

yes, i wish there is something in this direction.

With 4 tool belts the messages is posted behind them.

Maybe specify a max number of letters after this the text gets wraped to a new line.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

If you line wrap it then it scrolls out the top or gets behind the YARM output or other GUI elements at the top.

Eliding long names could work too but I like to have more control over it.

Ringkeeper
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ringkeeper »

hmm Plastic1, Plastic2, Plastic Oil, Plastic Coal, IronPlates1 , IronPlateOre1 are not thaaat long. Sure, if you work with spaces, _ - then yeah...

and you need them only when something goes wrong.I hope you don't have all deliver creation messages on..... so short names are enough. Thats the nice thing on LTN. Set and forget.. .till it breaks :D

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Ringkeeper wrote:hmm Plastic1, Plastic2, Plastic Oil, Plastic Coal, IronPlates1 , IronPlateOre1 are not thaaat long. Sure, if you work with spaces, _ - then yeah...

and you need them only when something goes wrong.I hope you don't have all deliver creation messages on..... so short names are enough. Thats the nice thing on LTN. Set and forget.. .till it breaks :D
Except Plastic1 has 5 or more stations for all the stuff it needs or produces as side products. So I have Plastic1_Fuel oil. I want a delivery message saying that Fuel oil is delivered to Plastic1 instead of Plastic1_Fuel oil. The second part after the _ is just so the stations are named differently. I Could use Plastic1A, Plastic1B, ... for shorter names but then in case something does go wrong it is confusing.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”