[Request] Disable a stop via signal input

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

death_hawk
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Request] Disable a stop via signal input

Post by death_hawk »

Would you consider adding a signal input to disable a stop?
I currently have to add another logistics object just to get the Enable/Disable to appear.

I figured since I'm already hooked up to a constant combinator via lamp it might be possible to disable it via that.
Or even if it wasn't actually disabled normally have LTN ignore the station if let's say Disabled = 1 like Depot = 1 for a depot would be.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Request] Disable a stop via signal input

Post by mrvn »

I've used 3 simple ways to disable LTN stations:

1) decider combinator with "red > 0: minimum train length" between the constant provider and lamp (only works if maximum train length < 2 * minimum train length or you don't have trains of the resulting length)
2) Add minimum train length 1000000
3) Add requester/provider amount 1000000
4) arithmetic combinator with "red * maximum train length = minimum train length" between the constant provider and lamp

Option 2 and 3 need an extra constant provider.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Request] Disable a stop via signal input

Post by Optera »

LTN stops can be disabled like any base train stop. This works even from map view.

LTN ignores stops while they have duplicate names, are short circuited or disabled. These are the most ups friendly ways to disable stops.
Other methods are setting thresholds above the amounts provided/requested, setting the stop into an unused network or to impossible lengths.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”