Ideas on how to ignore Artillery wagon's "cargo"?

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Ideas on how to ignore Artillery wagon's "cargo"?

Post by steinio »

mrvn wrote:Except virtually any contribution you make to an other bigger project especially those released under GPL will not transfer ownership. Those that are an exception require paperwork. Transferring ownership is quite complicated. For example to contribute to the GNU project you actually get hired by them for the sum of 1$ in the form of stickers because world wide ownership generally goes to the employer. So please don't claim that virtually any other project takes ownership of contribution. That's rather the exception.

As for credits it is understandable that large projects can't explicitly list every contributer down to people that only changed 1 character in the source. The list would simply become too long and become meaningless. Contributions are normally tracked line by line in the version control system though. You can see that with for example "git blame". And before a license can be changed all those contributors have to agree or the respective code has to be removed. I've seen both of those happen.

Please note what your license prohibits:

1) playing a locally modified version in multiplayer, even if it just fixes a bug. Someone would have to distribute the fix to all players.
2) making and sharing a tar.xz of the mods folder so everybody in a multiplayer game can just unpack that and have the same mods
3) reporting a bug in factorio with a savegame and used modules included. The player would redistribute your mod to the factorio team.
4) posting a fix for a minor problem in the forum since the diff would contain (modified) lines of your code and therefore redistribute it

I'm sure your license has been violated many many times by now.
What's your point?

You write walls of text but say actually nothing.

If you don't want to contribute please leave this place and do your business.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Ideas on how to ignore Artillery wagon's "cargo"?

Post by Optera »

Did you even read my license and reasoning behind picking that specific license before writing your post?

1) Preventing a bunch of customized forks circling around in various modpacks was one of the main reasons why I changed to custom license.
2) Modpacks including an unchanged version (except adding other mods to info.json for compatibility) are explicitly allowed.
3) I never understood the need to include mods in a report, the devs surly should be capable to download mods from their own portal. Besides LTN is among the mods that are least likely to be included in bug reports anyway.
4) Minor fixes hardly require more than a snippet with a few changed lines. That can also be done in pm which is not public either.
I will ignore any larger changes being posted on the forum, use GitHub for that.

That being said I'm closing this derailed thread.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”