Fluid wagon setup

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

AndrewIRL
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Fluid wagon setup

Post by AndrewIRL »

So I built a load/unload station for crude, built a L-FF and assigned it to the same depot as my L-CC trains.

Fluid demand at the unload triggered a delivery and LTN sent the only fluid train I have to fetch the fluid, delivered it and went back to the depot. How did this happen? I was expecting an unhill battle with train composition signals and cargo trains being sent to the fluid stations. Instead I immediately got fluid delivery from the only train in my network capable of carrying fluid without any hassle. Does LTN automagically figure out that a demand for liquid can only be fulfilled by trains with fluid wagons and figure out which wagon are fluid by itself?

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Fluid wagon setup

Post by Optera »

LTN can distinguish between fluids and items and picks the appropriate train.
However due to lack of easy to use filter pumps LTN does not support merging multiple fluids or fluids and items into one delivery.

AndrewIRL
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AndrewIRL »

Optera wrote:LTN can distinguish between fluids and items and picks the appropriate train.
However due to lack of easy to use filter pumps LTN does not support merging multiple fluids or fluids and items into one delivery.
So you're saying it is basically magic, I put some fluid stations down and figures it all out for me, very smooth user experience, wow! One fluid per train is no limitation at all, if I only need a little fluid I'll make little trains.

Unrelated: I was building an outpost when I ran out of materials. Just about to go 3.4 billion miles back to base for more stuff when I thought, hmm, I have a constant combinator and a LTN stop. Shortly thereafter a train rolls up with the items I needed, I pull the stuff out of the cargo wagon manually, it takes off I mine the stop and go on to complete the outpost! Just amazing.

KillerGanja
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by KillerGanja »

Optera wrote:LTN can distinguish between fluids and items and picks the appropriate train.
I get on quite well with LTN and regular train stuff. However I can not seem to get fluid loading and unloading right with LTN.
I want to use a 2L-4C liquid train to request Petroleum for my platic production. In the setup I only aks for petroleum, and it gets delivered, however some trains which arrive at the petroleum unloading station have liquid wagons still filledd with unwanted liquid, mostley oil. This messes up my production, and so far I did not find any hint or clue on how to sole it. I want to avoid resorting back to using barrels. (I need to add, that I use one of bob's mods which allow me to use MK3 liquid-wagons which hold up to 100k)

Help is much appreciated.

chrisdec
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chrisdec »

KillerGanja wrote:
I get on quite well with LTN and regular train stuff. However I can not seem to get fluid loading and unloading right with LTN.
I want to use a 2L-4C liquid train to request Petroleum for my platic production. In the setup I only aks for petroleum, and it gets delivered, however some trains which arrive at the petroleum unloading station have liquid wagons still filledd with unwanted liquid, mostley oil. This messes up my production, and so far I did not find any hint or clue on how to sole it. I want to avoid resorting back to using barrels. (I need to add, that I use one of bob's mods which allow me to use MK3 liquid-wagons which hold up to 100k)

Help is much appreciated.
hello,
can you schow how you got the loading and unloading worked out
ive setup a test train and requested to load lubricant
the request
https://i.imgur.com/ESUx3Je.jpg
LTN accepts
https://i.imgur.com/vnbyP2u.jpg
train arrives but dont want to load
https://i.imgur.com/c02aqhb.jpg
i dont know what im doing wrong and im using the petrochem train mod

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

try without modded trains...?

disentius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by disentius »

@Chrisdec:

You user a lot of wires, some wrong.
Feed the lamp of the station with red wire; green is for reading values. see description&usage in Optera's post in this forum

For testing purposes i used this mod settings:
LTN settings.png
LTN settings.png (190.29 KiB) Viewed 9675 times
If you dont want to run full trains(i would recommend that you do that, is easier) ,disable "Finish Loading"

Provider:
Provider.png
Provider.png (1.45 MiB) Viewed 9675 times
Requester:
Requester.png
Requester.png (1.54 MiB) Viewed 9675 times
Running:
running.png
running.png (2.74 MiB) Viewed 9675 times

Return to “Logistic Train Network”