Requester station being used as a provider?

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

Sn1gger
Inserter
Inserter

Requester station being used as a provider?

Post by Sn1gger »

I've got a station with a lot of surplus ore (green shows 156k),while the request threshold is at 5k and the actual ore request is -20k. The train gets sent there, but because the inserters are set for offloading, nothing happens and the train times out and returns to the depot. Repeat ad infinitum.

My constant combinator is connected with green to the lamp input, logistic output goes to arithmetic input which multiplies yellow each with -1, station to logistic out and then to filter inserters for offloading.

Is it because there's too much ore in the chests?

Ackos
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Requester station being used as a provider?

Post by Ackos »

I have had this happen to me. The thing i do is add a high Provide Threshold (1,000,000) to stop trains from coming.

pleauser
Inserter
Inserter

Post by pleauser »

Sn1gger wrote:I've got a station with a lot of surplus ore (green shows 156k),while the request threshold is at 5k and the actual ore request is -20k. The train gets sent there, but because the inserters are set for offloading, nothing happens and the train times out and returns to the depot. Repeat ad infinitum.

My constant combinator is connected with green to the lamp input, logistic output goes to arithmetic input which multiplies yellow each with -1, station to logistic out and then to filter inserters for offloading.

Is it because there's too much ore in the chests?
You are passing the quantity of ore to the station, a positive number is interpreted as 'hey i have ore for you' lol.

I put a decider in between the station and the rest of that network.. for each <0 output each.. solves that problem very succinctly.

jaycsin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jaycsin »

The easy way to fix this is just use the # priority tag in the constant combinator connected to the LTN station input light, every provider should at a minimum have a priority 1 (lowest priority is 0 aka no # priority tag), this will avoid the system sending trains to overstuffed requestors. No need for fancy logic combinators, its already built into the system. This seems to be a bug though, but easy to avoid it using the #priority tag.

Jay

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

jaycsin wrote:The easy way to fix this is just use the # priority tag in the constant combinator connected to the LTN station input light, every provider should at a minimum have a priority 1 (lowest priority is 0 aka no # priority tag), this will avoid the system sending trains to overstuffed requestors. No need for fancy logic combinators, its already built into the system. This seems to be a bug though, but easy to avoid it using the #priority tag.

Jay
Priority only works as long as other stations are available.
Provider treshold is the state of art.
Decider combinator is just to fix a flaw.

Best solution would be to proper setup the station so no overloading happens.

Cu steinio.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Return to “Logistic Train Network”